A sad story from a reefer in Redond

dsoz

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128304

This person was gone on vacation, and a group of teenagers broke into the house and partied. The kids dumped something into the reef tank and killed everything :(

It is one thing for someone to kill a bunch of stuff because THEY do something stupid, but to have a bunch of drunk teens screw up a tank is totally sad. And the story about the dog locked in a room is unforgivable.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try to influence children. It does not seem to make a difference for some. (sad)

(flame)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128304

This person was gone on vacation, and a group of teenagers broke into the house and partied. The kids dumped something into the reef tank and killed everything :(

It is one thing for someone to kill a bunch of stuff because THEY do something stupid, but to have a bunch of drunk teens screw up a tank is totally sad. And the story about the dog locked in a room is unforgivable.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try to influence children. It does not seem to make a difference for some. (sad)

(flame)

Can't believe none of the parents stepped up and apologized for their kids actions.

I would go after each and every one of them in civil court. Would of been totally different if the parents would of stepped up and tried to make things right.

But for others is does. And doesn't that make it worth it?

You are right. I was at work yesterday, and there was a group of students in for "leadership." Almost all of them were students of mine. I was in another room when they saw me before I saw them. All I heard was "SOZ!!!!!" (what they call me... Duh!). I turned around and was rushed by a bunch of kids all wanting to know how my summer went, and they were all excited that they would be in my class again this year...

I guess I do make a difference to some students. My earlier comment was remembering the jerks, goof-offs, and flakes that I have had over the years. Like the kid that punched me and probably broke my nose... There are a lot more good kids than bad. It is just the bad ones that everyone hears about.

dsoz

Sad to here things like this happen. Hell they had the same thing happen to a couple in Portland here last week. Family went on vacation and there sons friend breaks in via the hide a key and they trash the place.

And Doz I am not a teacher but have coached sports for almost 8 years. I know they are not all perfect but it does feel good if you can influence a couple.

Hell the little houligans in my neighborhood well the one by me stole my kids bike a month ago. Got it back a few weeks ago trashed and missing half the stuff on it. Well it went mia again today hell they took it right out of my garage(flame) The bike was worthless has no brakes and is ready to fall apart.

Unbelievable' date=' I can't believe some people some times. They do need to go after all of them in civil court, I hope that they'll find all of them guilty.[/quote']

They did find them, they were stupid enough to take pictures with her sons digital camera of all the partying and even stilling the beer and forgot the camera at the house. They all went to the sons school.

They did find them' date=' they were stupid enough to take pictures with her sons digital camera of all the partying and even stilling the beer and forgot the camera at the house. They all went to the sons school.[/quote']

Yeah I read that and have been charged, hopefully all of them plea and don't take it to court, would make a civil suit more speedy for them. Honestly the couple this happened to needs to take these kids and parents and ring them out for all their worth. I'm sick of hearing stories like this, people need to learn to respect another persons property.

The kids suck but the parents are just as much to blame IMHO.

Since the boys are underage, ALL the parents should be charged with child endangerment. Child endangerment isn't just about abuse; it also includes negligence and not doing what's necessary for the child's well-being. I'd say none of these parents are doing what's necessary to raise a productive and responsible member of society, and all the rest of us will end up paying for it in the future.

Where did they think their 16-yr-olds were all this time that they were out trashing this house? Did they ask? Do they even care? (scratch)

I don't know why society doesn't always hold parents criminally responsible for the actions of mal-adjusted children. If they're truly to be charged as "juveniles" and not "adults" then you're saying they're not really responsible for their behavior because of their youth. If they aren't responsible, then their parent or guardian must be. The buck stops somewhere.

That victim should sue all the parents in civil court. I certainly would. If society won't hold them criminally responsible, then maybe civil lawsuits will serve as a deterent to poor parenting. Make them feel the pinch of consequence. If you don't parent, you pay the price(enforcer)

Kudos to any of you that can coach or teach and give any of these kids any kind of guidance or adult example.(icon) I have no idea how you do it, based on the wild animals that run crazy all over the neighborhoods around us. We have 3 and 4 -yr-olds meandering the streets day and night with no one watching them. It's unbelievable.

Oh, and that dog thing..(flame) Everytime I hear a bad animal story nowadays, I think of Mike Vick (wife) (<-Right here I need an animated smiley of me beating a dog-fighter thug icon.)(whistle)

I have been emailing with her' date=' and will be sending some live rock and a few cups of live sand over with a family member tomorrow. I know it's short notice, but the family member was already planning on heading back then. Does anyone else local (Eugene-ish) want to add anything?[/quote']

I just talked to her today, sounds like a total loss.... (flame)if anyone in the bend/ Redmond area would like to help her get started again feel free to drop it by my shop, I will make sure she gets it. If anyone has gone through this, they know it's more than just a loss of money but also a loss of time and sense of accomplishment. If you need my address just PM me.