Segregating a fish

I have a small aptasia problem that I'd like to get on top of before it becomes a big problem.

I also have a frog fish, which makes peppermint shrimp difficult.

Can I keep the fish in a breeder box in the tank for a few weeks while the shrimp do their job without stressing him out too much?

Edited by Jack-the-reefer

I have a small aptasia problem that I'd like to get on top of before it becomes a big problem.

I also have a frog fish, which makes peppermint shrimp difficult.

Can I keep the fish in a breeder box in the tank for a few weeks while the shrimp do their job without stressing him out too much?

Maybe the sump? With a few pieces of rock?

Just get lots of shrimp :laugh: He will get full after a while..........

I have a similar problem with my fu-Manchu lion fish. I added ten peppermints thinking they would be in there long enough to take care of the few aiptasia I had. He ate them all in less than a day. Had whiskers all stickin out his mouth. So, I bought a blue laser on eBay. Zap!
  • Like 1

I have a similar problem with my fu-Manchu lion fish. I added ten peppermints thinking they would be in there long enough to take care of the few aiptasia I had. He ate them all in less than a day. Had whiskers all stickin out his mouth. So, I bought a blue laser on eBay. Zap!

Jeff at c&c might have tracked down some berghia nudis for me. You might want to check with him and see if he can get you some too.

• Like 1

I've considered getting berghia nudis but I'm worried they would just be an expensive snack for my wrasses. I picked up a cheap 1w blue laser on eBay and it does a pretty good job. Not so much on the larger aiptasia but it will cook the smaller ones. Let us know how those berghia work out for you.