Idea for another section?

reefgeek84

Idea for another section?  

1. 1.

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, no point to this.

We are very blessed for all the stores we have around here and the connections that they have with many wholesalers. I was thinking a cool section might be for people looking for certain corals or livestock...So if you were looking for a certain angle fish, you could post it up in there and if one of the sponsors knows they can get they can PM that person with details...

I think this is a good idea, however what I think and what others think are two completely different things(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

If you do like the idea, please explain why...if you do not like the idea, again explain why...

I voted not because I feel that we could use our classified section for this purpose. Just add WTB at the beginning of the subject of the post.

I understand this, but I really think that most sponsors do not look through that at all...I think that if there was a section dedicated to it maybe they would check it more, I know that I look for specific things, but do not want to have to talk with multiple stores about getting it...and maybe some vendors can get something easier then another store...that is why I thought a section external of the classifieds might be good...

I vote NO. The vendors are so busy that most do not check the forums everyday. Some may not even get here 2-3 times a week.

I would hate to see us add a new forum eveytime someone gets an idea for a new one. We would end up have 2-3 pages of forums to look thru before you even read the first post. And like Bob said why not ask for help from your online family. Just put a post up that says 'I'm looking for a rabbitfish.', or whatever it is you need and I'm sure someone will reply with a 'I saw one at............'.

And lets be honest most of us shop at just a few of our sponsors, usually the ones that are closest to us or that we have built a relationship with over several visits. So why would it kill us to use the phone and ask if they had something we are loooking for or go visit them. We all love going to our LFS.

When posting in this forum please include in your title if you are "SELLING" (WTS)' date=' "TRADING" (WTT), or "LOOKING TO BUY" (WTB). This will make it easier for people to find the posts that interest them the most. If we all do this it will make this forum easier to use. Thanks.[/quote']

I also voted No.

Our Classifieds are already set up with the options WTS, WTT, and WTB.

I don't really think it is necessary to set up a separate category for each of these options.

Guest Mbeef61

i voted yes.....classifieds isnt a want to buy forum....if it was there you wouldnt need to post in a wtb add...

also PLEASE use the forums for what they are for...i can see the happy birthday messages but the shout outs and other stuff can be either left in your head or left for a pm...personally i dont think its nessicary to say thanks to whoever for the coolest frag in the general discussion forum....lol brown nosing doesnt do any good. maybe we can make that a forum of its own.

a wtb forum would make it trememoundously easier for sponsers and memebers alike that dont want to sift through the endless cleaning closet threads. lol reefgeeek might need his own for sale thread though lol hes got a ton of stuff.

They have something like this at club-zoa.com called a most wanted forum. You post your most wanted corals, and people or vendors reply with trade or sell requests.

Everyone has a most wanted list, EVERYONE. Now if everyone posted it in the classifieds i think things would be too cluttered.

I've made use of the most wanted forum at CZ and gotten a lot of frags in trade that i wouldn't find or wouldn't have known who had them otherwise.

They have something like this at club-zoa.com called a most wanted forum. You post your most wanted corals, and people or vendors reply with trade or sell requests.

Everyone has a most wanted list, EVERYONE. Now if everyone posted it in the classifieds i think things would be too cluttered.

I've made use of the most wanted forum at CZ and gotten a lot of frags in trade that i wouldn't find or wouldn't have known who had them otherwise.

This is what I am talking about and maybe people will listen and follow in the foot steps of what other sites have done and had success with it...Everyone talks about furthering this site, but yet every time an idea is brought up, it is never a good one...I was shot down for my thoughts on the feedback section and low and behold we have one now and it is being used...

When I paid to support this club it was to prove a point that even if you are a paying member you will be taken more serious, cause that is what I was told, but seems to show differently...I do not think most people are really thinking about this and the positive effect it could have.

Like Impur said, everyone has a list. I have quite a few acros that maybe some people want or are considering but I would never know that unless it was posted and then I could possibly make some frags for those people.

But according to the poll the ones that like this are in the losing favor...so that speaks for itself and that is why I put a poll up...we have something like 22 votes, and I have a feeling we will not get much more then that (as there are only about 20-30 people who post regularly on the board), so I think the masses have spoken...and it is not a popular idea.

If people start posting threads with most wanted blah or looking for blah in the classified section, i can guarantee the people selling stuff will either complain that they are being pushed to page 2, or they will stop selling things there.

You do have to scroll thru them, but there aren't more than 10 or so new posts a day so you can glance down to the last day you checked to see if there is anything you want to pursue. Couple that with new sale threads for equip and such, and your posted a page or more each day. Add to that the ppl bumping their thread and you can see where this is heading.

On the other hand i donno if ppl in our club really go after their corals like ppl on other sites. I have a few corals on my list that i actively try to seek out. I would pay out the wazoo for some alien eye zoas right now. I just don't get that feeling from ppl here.

The more I ponder this idea the more I like it. But perhaps it should go a bit further. Why not a section for WTB (buy), one for WTS (sell), and one for WTT (trade).

The buy and sell are obvious, but the trade one could go either way, either I want to trade something for X or I have X and would like to trade it for something else.

This is not meant in jest.

you still have to scroll through them don't you?

It is different... Why not make a DIY sitcky in here instead of having its own section, or a sticky for classifides? because it would be a mess...I can see what you are saying, but its own section is the only real way it would work...

I am curious as to why no one wants to make an extra section? People seem to think that it is a complicated manner and it is going to clutter the site more...which it is not...but like I said the majority is not in favor of it, so that is all that matters...

On the other hand i donno if ppl in our club really go after their corals like ppl on other sites. I have a few corals on my list that i actively try to seek out. I would pay out the wazoo for some alien eye zoas right now. I just don't get that feeling from ppl here.

I think it would be actually further our club...if people stop by and see there is a section where people are looking for something specific and they have to offer they can offer it...

We are very blessed for all the stores we have around here and the connections that they have with many wholesalers. I was thinking a cool section might be for people looking for certain corals or livestock...So if you were looking for a certain angle fish, you could post it up in there and if one of the sponsors knows they can get they can PM that person with details...

I think this is a good idea, however what I think and what others think are two completely different things(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

If you do like the idea, please explain why...if you do not like the idea, again explain why...

The original email asked about sponsors providing wanted livestock. If they can't get it order it online DOH!

I agree WTB/WTT from local members is a whole different thing. I think having a generic section for WTB WTT is cool. good luck on the alien eye's. Have you tried Atlantis? I am not a zoo guy at all but he had some zoos when I was there last month. couldn't tell you what they were.