pH help

impur

All my SPS are now on the decline. My 2 favs, Oregon tort and blue mille are about half gone. My acans are looking bad and most of my zoas are now closed.

I'm considering getting out of the hobby now...we'll see how it goes.

That's really unfortunate - sorry to hear about your run of bad luck with the tank. Hopefully things will turn around soon - hang in there!

A ray of hope!!!

I bought a 10gal box of IO salt today and some kent dkh superbuffer because i knew i would have to buffer this salt for alk and calcium.

Mixed up about 2gal at lunch. Got home from work and topped off with a little more salt, letting it run for 20 min afterward.

Ph of 8.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll test alk/calcium later and buffer for those.

The first salt i've found that mixes up over 8.0 pH, i'm so happy. I'm $80 poorer from all the salts i tried, and i've lost about $500+ worth of livestock. But hey, i've got a salt that doesn't mix up to a pH that kills corals :D

A ray of hope!!!

I bought a 10gal box of IO salt today and some kent dkh superbuffer because i knew i would have to buffer this salt for alk and calcium.

Mixed up about 2gal at lunch. Got home from work and topped off with a little more salt, letting it run for 20 min afterward.

Ph of 8.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll test alk/calcium later and buffer for those.

The first salt i've found that mixes up over 8.0 pH, i'm so happy. I'm $80 poorer from all the salts i tried, and i've lost about $500+ worth of livestock. But hey, i've got a salt that doesn't mix up to a pH that kills corals :D

Yea! Glad there is some light at the end of your tunnel. I have used both Kent supper buffer and coral builder over the last several years and had pretty good luck with stable PH - weird about the salt mixes though...