Next Fish?

cjmdh

Hey Guys and Gals,

I think it's time for another fish!  Any suggestions on a reef safe center piece fish that would work in our setup? 

We currently have a blue damsel (6 months) and a pair of phantom clowns (2 months) in a 55 gallon tank.  I was thinking about a coral beauty, but not so sure with him/her being reef safe.  Other than the "center piece"  we plan on getting a goby of some sorts.

Thanks!

Mark 

My experience with a coral beauty ended up with him being traded, because he was picking on my sps.

That's my major concern with them. Gorgeous fish but a gamble. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of the small angels will be risky in a reef tank. I'v found with my flame angel that he nips but doesn't kill or really hurt anything as long as I keep him well fed. Flame angels have always been one of my favorite fish though so I took the chance being that my tank is all softies and anemone's, I wouldn't put him in a high end SPS reef. 

Do you have shrimp in the tank? If only cleaner shrimp, one of the hawkfish family might be a good option. You could also look at many of the reef safe wrasse fish. 

• Like 1

I like angels but they dont seem to have much personality. One of my favorite has been a desjardini sailfin. They are pretty and sprint across the tank sometimes and pulse their fins. They are like derek zoolander... Really really ridiculously good looking, silly, kinda dumb, and loveable

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...