So what gives.....new fish keep dying

The ReefBox

So like title says new fish keep dying. I have to think something is up as I don't believe 10 new afpdditions over last two months all were doomed from the beginning.

Little about system.

225 gallon.

Been up since December 2015

Nitrate. .03

Phos. .01

Ammonia 0

Alk 8.5

Mag 1410

Cal 470

Salinity 1.026

Temp 77-79

Current stock that has lived through all

Mystery wrasse

Dusky wrasse

Yellow coris wrasse

Banana wrasse

Melanarus wrasse

Vroliks wrasse

2 bar rabbit fish

Recent death

Yellow tang

Blonde Naso

2 convict tangs

Blue tang

Chevron tang

Potters wrasse

Yellow flanked fairy wrasse

Sunburst anthrias

Some were eating great others not.

Any thoughts? These were not added all at once so I'm pretty certain not bio load unless tank is just to young to support some of these fish.

Just curious, how did you add them to your tank? Do you have a quarantine tank? Did you do the bag float method or drip method of acclimating them? I know people will tell you to always quarantine your new fish and I would agree, but even if you don't I always use the drip acclamation method. I haven't lost a fish yet since I started doing this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

Get rid of all your fish and go fallow for a few months-you've got ich in your tank Nd although not all fish are showing signs externally you still got it.

Maybe set up an observation tank you can add new additions to until they are aggressively eating then introduce them. Most fish you're adding I presume have been in the ocean 2-4 weeks early. Went from the Ocean to the importer, to the distributor to LFS to your tank.

Lots of stress

I don't think there is a silver bullet answer to why your fish are dyeing a

It's a cumulative thing

Tangs suck anyway, you're better off without those demon seed murderers IMO/E

• Like 2

No and everything I'm reading is it won't kill ich

What I've read is that it won't cure ich if a fish already has it, but it will retard the spread throughout the tank because it will kill the little buggers during the free-floating stage.  I don't think it is a cure-all, but it might be something you want to consider.

Blonde Naso

2 convict tangsChevron tangPotters wrasseYellow flanked fairy wrasse Sunburst Anthias 

All of these are terrible survivors in the aquarium as well...[/quote

Chris thanks for imput. I think it comes down to ich outbreak a couple moths ago along with what you and others have suggested. So picked up 40. Breeder today and will start a qt tank and work on strengthening immune systems of what I have left and make sure things are eating well and thriving before going from qt to display.

• Like 2

I would look into the tank transfer method (TTM). It only works on ich but you can use prazipro at the same time for flukes and other parasites. Obviously if your current DT had an ich outbreak you'd have to go fallow for 72+ days before you were 100% ich free. TTM sounds daunting at first but it's fairly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk