Bubble trap help?

matt

I just got my garage sump up and running. I have all the over flows going into one pipe. The problem is is putting a ton of bubbles in the sump and causing an evap issue. As it is now I have a pipe the go's all to the bottom of the sump. I need your guy's and gal's thoughts on eliminating the bubbles.

Now go!!!

75100080fdf83624f0255631b380fe12.jpg

sent from a Samsung note 4

I have absolutely nothing to offer as far as help - but - where is the air coming from? Are the drains all full siphon? If so, then you just need to let the trapped air escape and those bubbles will work their way out...which they should over the course of an hour or two. So air is getting in somewhere. Maybe a connection point somewhere? 

That second to last picture of the stand pipe is not at full siphon. Unless I'm seeing it incorrectly the water is the same level as the stand pipe top. For full siphon, you need the water above the stand pipe a few inches.

If you have multiple stand pipes that tie into one another (as it appears you do) you can never tune them all to run full siphon. Each full siphon needs a completely independent line to the sump. At least that's my understanding. Hope that makes sense.

The overflow box I hooked to the main line. I am thinking my problem is water speed. Everything drains in to a 1.5" pipe then falls about a 1' vertical before hitting the water. I asked the same question on reef 2 reef and reef central. Here are what someone came up with on reef2reef.

8405efb2eda9bb1426b23bdb23e6662b.jpge45a817913fe2c81300d4abb3636f362.jpg

This was my thought

2f8f2e88c00238d885c74443fc252800.jpg

sent from a Samsung note 4

I might be wrong but isn't the issue being caused from a full siphon drain combining at the end with an open pipe (emergency drain) and allowing air to mix with the water before crashing down into the sump? Why didn't you just run both drains individually?

Have you considered just using a filter sock? Usually helps with bubbles quite a bit.

• 4 weeks later...