Buying SPS colony vs frags

Paratore

Would you guys rather buy colonies or large "frags"?? I am considering selling a couple of my SPS colonies soon to fund some new equipment and to fuel the zoa addiction lol. I'm thinking of selling my RMF Superman stag and my lavender mint sarmentosa colonies. Just seeing what you guys would prefer before I make any decisions:)

Thanks in advance for the feedback! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you guys rather buy colonies or large "frags"?? I am considering selling a couple of my SPS colonies soon to fund some new equipment and to fuel the zoa addiction lol. I'm thinking of selling my RMF Superman stag and my lavender mint sarmentosa colonies. Just seeing what you guys would prefer before I make any decisions:)

Thanks in advance for the feedback! :)

id trade some Zoas;)

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago. Sorry the quality isn't the best haha. Recently moved the superman(top right) to higher light so it's a lighter more pink color right now. They originally come from Beer503 :) For size reference, the frag plugs are 1.25 inches I believe. 3fe10803719579a82df225bd918490b6.jpg

The colony behind the left red blotch has sadly passed away.... Bleach out of me for no reason and never recovered. The second blotch is this guy but I plan to keep him and frag it every now and again. It's a super bright coral! Here are a few pics under different lighting conditions. b054fa2d673b5d8a3ae304120b9e84f6.jpgb4e337c67cfb0da7dab81b515ad2a724.jpg last picture is under just whites. 0d8f6b34e76ae723c1778dbffdb728d2.jpg

How do price a colony that a frag sells for 45-75

Just sayin

Nice stuff I wonder where Beer got those pieces LOL

good point, pricing a colony is really hard. Much easier to price frags haha

Yeah, I wonder where lol!

Why aren't you posting prices for things you want to sell.

i haven't posted prices or anything yet because the colonies are not ready to be sold yet. Still need about a month before they are good to go. The reason I posted this was so that I could figure out what I wanted to do when I go to sell them. To see if people wanted colonies or frags. This wasn't meant to be a sale thread by any means, just wanted to have a general discussion :)

That's what I've told the people whom I have PMed. Told them that the colonies weren't ready yet, still coloring up after a stressful dip a month ago but that I would remember them when I go to sell the stuff at a later date. :)

Edited by Paratore

IME selling larger colonies is harder because people don't want to pay the price for them, and people usually sell frags because they get more money for the corals. 

For example I had a colony of a candy cane coral that was about 300 heads. I asked for $300 for the colony. I got no biters. However I did sell 20 or so frags of 4 polyps for $20-$30 a frag. So I made the money I wanted and kept 2/3's of the colony. Similar thing with a Tubinaria I had. It was easy to see 2" frags for $20 but when I tried to sell the 20" round piece (wouldn't even fit in a bucket) I got $95 for it. 

It is very similar to selling a system as a package or parting it out piece by piece. 

JME

• Like 1