Auto Top Off Pump

Trenton Henderson

All depends on relative height difference between your reservoir and your display. They max out at about 30" vertical height they say, but I found mine didn't work unless it was close same level as main tank. But regarding speed, it's plenty fast.

Edited by Bicyclebill

the Hydor topOff is a Sensitive bastard, so yes an Aqualifter would be the best because it is slow in replenishment. If the water is pumped to quickly the Sensor won't notice it till the very last moment when the top prong is covered and then you will deal with the annoying alarm (Trust me it really has no logical reason for being there) anyways I have a Maxi-Jet 1200 to lift the water and had to regulate the flow with a ball joint regulator, that still wasn't enough and I found the alarm loved to sound every night at 4:00AMish!!! Yay! My Hydor no longer has an alarm.

for real?!? What a great idea! Never thought of that. I see that avast marine sells one that handles higher head pressure for a lot more money.

It really works!  It was impressive how much the flow improved.  I like the price of these guys, and the ability to chain them.  It still surprises me how one single aqualifter can top of the 400 gallon system easily.  Math works out, 3 gallons per hour, that's allot of top off.  

Good stuff!