Too much light and flow for LPS?

SeanS

My tank is a 30 cube, lit by a 250w Phoenix. Water movement is primarily 2 wp10s creating a gyre effect.

I plan on transition from mixed reef to all Lps, zoas and maybe a bubble tip, for ease of care.

Do I need to downgrade my lighting? I think I can just turn the pumps to a lower setting.

LPS is the only hard one in that group. I don't really think your lighting will be too much, but you may decrease your photo period a bit and keep the LPS near the bottom or partially shaded. Do you have actinics for viewing while the halide is off? If not you may want to do some led strips or a t5 with the shorter photo period to enjoy viewing longer.

What LPS do you have or want? Only ones I have trouble with using higher powered lighting has been wellso/brain corals. Hammers and torches don't seem to care.

I could easily take the lighting period as low as 6 1/2 hours without bothering anyone.

So far, my chalice hates my lighting, my acan seems to prefer the shade. My Euphyllia and candy canes seems to dig it just fine at the bottom of the tank. I'm hoping I can move them higher onto the rocks.

I'm thinking of adding primarily more zoas, probably a couple more Euphyllia, a BTA...

Are you a fan of prime led, was thinking bout one for my sump for grow out of sps but not sure if they are legit enough to grow sps

Yes I am a fan and believe they are under rated. They day 12 inches but my LPS is at 24 inches deep and doing fine if not great. SPS is about 12 inches below light and growing

cb387f076a9721f7ad962c4da961930a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1