Help I.D this worm please

fishboys

I am getting close to nuking my tank. I am struggling with my tank. I am to blame. I didn't dip all my new to me corals. I know that makes me a dumb a%&. One reason I am coming clean is to help someone who might be thinking about not dipping for bugs. I lost all my montis due to Monti eating nudibranches. Anyways if you can help me figure out this bug it might make my decision to nuke my tank and start from scratch easier. post-15577-0-22376400-1442028566_thumb.jpg

Darn, really blurry pic, cannot tell what it is.

Monti nudis?  Terrible stuff.  Well if you read the tank of the month articles on various sites many of the great reefkeepers admit to getting pests so you are definitely not alone.  

It's a great reminder.  Seems like getting pests is a rite of passage for many reef keepers.  No doubt you will be a dipper going forward.

Nothing wrong with nuking your tank, sometimes it nice to get a fresh clean start if you have time and a way to unload your remaining corals (hint - people may not want to coral sit though ;)

Thank you guys. I found a ton of these in my sump in the skimmer area and all around and in my skimmer. I think they are a safe sponge though. They look like a white pineapple. Sycon sponges. As soon as I saw them my heart sank. But now its back where it was. Still scared to death I will need to nuke it but not because of these.

post-15577-0-52058400-1442357043_thumb.jpg