WTB- Peninsula style tank 5-6'x30-36"x24-30"

R-3

As the title says I am looking for a Peninsula style tank that measures app. 5-6'x30-36"x24-30". I was gonna buy a big cube from a local member but with the house I just recently purchased a peninsula style would work better in the space I have. So I just thought I would throw it out there if anyone sees one for sale on any boards. Later Ryan

Not much help, but I do have a 90X24X24 peninsula that has never had water in it.

My current tank is 68X36X24 peninsula, so if you are up in Portland (Fairview) you are welcome to stop by and get an idea of what you are thinking of creating.

Ken

I was hoping you were gonna tell me you were breaking down one of the new ones!! :) Yeah I gotta come check those out. If your old one was 30-36" wide I would maybe think about it. Later Ryan

I am jealous Ryan' date=' I have been rocking the AP 24 for awhile and only dream of going bigger. Some day..... I would love to see pics to see what you have done with your AP.[/quote']

I will get some pics up soon. I have been neglecting the tank a little though because I just bought a new house we and we are remodeling it. Later Ryan

• 7 months later...

Well I guess its time to revive this thread. I got my 125 home this last weekend and the girlfriend says go bigger :) So im still looking. I gotta get up to your place Ken :) That is really close to what I am wanting. Later Ryan

Well I guess its time to revive this thread. I got my 125 home this last weekend and the girlfriend says go bigger :) So im still looking. I gotta get up to your place Ken :) That is really close to what I am wanting. Later Ryan

Awesome girlfriend! Can't wait to see what you end up with now. (clap)

Yeah Ive decided it has to be at least 30" wide. Preferably 3'.

I was thinking if I went with 5' I could do two lumenarcs w/ 250DE instead of a third bulb with a 6' tank. I think the spread on a lumenarc would span a 2 1/2'x3 area okay. I could do some lower light stuff around the edges. Ill post when I find out more. Later Ryan

When I changed tanks I went from 30" wide to 36" and really like the extra width and the options it gives your rock work in an peninsula tank. With the 30" my rock looked like a big loaf in the middle of the tank, but at 36" you are able to create islands and valleys.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...