HOT HOT HOT!!!!

impur

Doing fine, even without the chiller.

Tank is at 79.3 with a fan going over it, the house is headed for 78.

The smaller tank is also fine, with a fan blowing on it.

I may just sell the chiller, if the tanks pass the test for a few more weeks...

We had that a/c last year, but my 40G was heating up a lot faster.

I guess a 120G takes a bit longer to heat up.

I have a large fan blowing directly at the 20G from across the room, and that really seems to help.

The 20 used to heat up fast, but is only at 79 today.

So far, 100 degrees here in good ol' Newberg. Room temp 79.2, tank temp 80. Turned on the two window AC's at 6:30 am today and have all of the ceiling fans going. Glad I didn't spend $350+ on a chiller. No daylights, just actinics burning!

Kris

PS...my beer is colder! GOOOO Silver Bullet

How Hot is Too Hot?

Greetings Everyone,

This is my first post. My tank is at 81 degrees. I ran the lights early this morning to avoid the heat of the day. If the heat wave keeps up, I might start running the lights at night and keep it dark during the day. At what temp do you reach a danger zone? Thanks,

Rick

Well both my tanks are at about 79 to 80 and the AC is set at 75. But hell I have NO BEER:eek: Thats good though if I drank it in this heat I would be a sweat stain on the sidewalk tom when I am outside all day. Days like these I wish I had a desk job(laugh)

Hopefully everyones tanks stay cool and as for danger temp I think it is over 84? But not really sure I am new to this and still learning.

Hard to say what the danger zone is...I have heard 90 from my LFS guy...he has his tank in an apartment on the third floor...yikes!

Anyway...as for the cool desk job...not. That would be boring...I myself am on my feet running all day (but a least it is cool in my store).

Stay cool y'all.

Kris

Welcome to the site Rick!! Glad to have another Eugene reefer here :D

Hey i like my desk job!! (laugh)

I start worrying at about 84, at that temp its time to break out the ice bottles.

I hit up the store on the way home. All out of the silver bullet :eek: so i had to settle for bud. oh well.

Miles

Sorry impur...Budweiser does suck...too sweet for me! I would hope that any tank wouldn't get over 84 arrggg...who knows, I would never try to find the danger zone! (At least not with my tank).

Weather seems weird today...Thundershowers perhaps??? Hope the power holds out!

Kris

My tank has been getting up to 81.5 and I started to freeze bottles just in case and then had a thought wy not just freeze DI water to put in the tank? it cools the tank and adds topoff water at the same time:) it's been working great so far.

Fortunately I live in a heavily shaded area. I just close all the windows/blinds and my acjr turns on a big fan if it gets too hot, no heat problems for me. Only thing is my 5g tank had major evaporation yesterday. I set the drip rate to match normal evap and yesterday my pump almost ran dry by the time I got home.

I hear you with the evap....I have been filling a little over to compensate. Even still, I will have enough room in the sump should (pray it doesn't) the power fail. Haven't checked the weather lately, but today was muggy, but cooler. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The window AC's seem to keep everything just fine for now. So far, so good. (Famous last words)

Kris

Sorry just found the thread.

First off you all need to drink better beer. Bud and Coors, homies please I sacrafice a lot to keep a good tank, but not the quailty of beer. Pass the Sam Adams please!

Secondly, inside temp got up to 97F, tank never broke 80F. I run the lights at night, and use a couple fo 6" clip on fans. I also left my canopy open for the added ventalation. I was kinda bummed I was hoping I could keep it down to 76, now I have to by a chiller before I can get my seahorses, which I don't feel comfortable keeping over 74F. I know a few more tricks to keep the temps down, but I'm not home enough during the day to make them work.

JME

Sorry just found the thread.

First off you all need to drink better beer. Bud and Coors, homies please I sacrafice a lot to keep a good tank, but not the quailty of beer. Pass the Sam Adams please!

JME

I used to be the same way a beer snob(laugh) But I got tired of listening to the wife complain that the beer tasted bad. I like ale and some of the bitter tasting beers. So now its just CL at 11.99 an 18 pack. I do every once in a while go get a 12 pack of the good stuff.

Is this the "what to drink when it's HOT HOT HOT!!!" beer thread?

I might suggest Full Sail Brewery's Session Premium Lager. I've been enjoying this alot lately.

The Kolsch at McMenamin's is an excellent summer beer (naughty)