Local Tank Builders

spectra

Well has been a few years and thinking of getting back into it........who local builds tanks? Thinking of doing a shallow tank maybe who knows.

So many shops are now gone from when I was into it but that was the norm then......

Hey there! Scott right? Yes a lot of things have changed. If you are looking for glass I have heard good things from several members about oceans by design.

Acrylic wanareef and James are still around

Ocean in a box in Vancouver is around and a good place to go. I think I remember you living there. Jeff at cuttlefish and corals in ne Portland is great. He also has lots of nice tanks available too.

Garrett now has a store instead of a garage operation still called the premium aquarium.

Upscales is still around as well and still has nice sps.

I will check them out. Yeah I did acrylic once and it is just not for me. Glass is just much nicer.

How are things on your end? Been a few years.

Thing have been great! I just got back into the hobby again after being away almost 2 years but still kept posting. There have been a lot of changes as you can see by the site. It's been great reconnecting with old friends and meeting some new ones.

most everyone uses LEDs now and they have come a long way but I still like the t5s.

Hey how are things on your end? Been a while.

Yep will look into things and see what happens. I love the looks of a tank but can never seem to just keep it simple.....

Things are good around here, I tried getting ahold of you about 6-7 months ago cause I needed a stand built for my new tank but not sure if you still have the same number or not.

Mike up at OBD also built my current tank, let me know if you want to swing by and take a look.

Things are good around here, I tried getting ahold of you about 6-7 months ago cause I needed a stand built for my new tank but not sure if you still have the same number or not.

Mike up at OBD also built my current tank, let me know if you want to swing by and take a look.

Yes same number and yes I got it but was not working at the time. I still do fab work but had a accident and broke my leg. Was off work for a while and am now back at it.

I am thinking of just a small tank for now but we all know where that goes :nutty:

Yes same number and yes I got it but was not working at the time. I still do fab work but had a accident and broke my leg. Was off work for a while and am now back at it.

I am thinking of just a small tank for now but we all know where that goes :nutty:

Glad to hear your upright again. Small tank is just the gateway to another tank, might as well just go for what you want, the wife will get over it =)

Glad to hear your upright again. Small tank is just the gateway to another tank, might as well just go for what you want, the wife will get over it =)

Yeah hopefully for good this time. I was told it was all good in 14 well then was told it is still broken.....Got to spend 6 months in a external fixator....I think it was about 13 months total off of work and it was not good for me....

Yep would love to go big but just no room for that where I am at. And yes if I had no wife I could make room but....