warning about Robert (aka badxgellin)...

So me and the wife made the hour drive one way to Roberts for a trade deal. Well let me tell you I brought him a sps frag and a rose anemone, and by the time we left(almost 2 hours later) there was 9!!!!!???? frags in my cooler!!! I have heard rumors that his systems were crazy but there's no preparing you to walking into a house filled to the roof with fishtanks it's truly amazing what you have done bro. So if you are not in to freaking sweet corals and and some awesome Conversation then I would highly recommend staying away lol your generosity is truly amazing Robert thank you for all you've done for the club and thank you for the sweet frags I owe you big time!!!!

• Like 11

You don't owe me Its no problem man, the pleasure was mine, I appreciate you making the long trip in the hot weather. I do apologize about the long winded conversations and the lack of vocab filter, I can really get going if you let me. As far as the frags go I just like to make sure it is a good trade and every one is happy on both ends, maybe add one for the trip, and then some more for being pleasant to be around. Good company adds to the generosity and I must say you are a pretty swell guy, Robyna is good in my book as well so you are welcome back when you feel like going south through the valley again. Maybe I will let you talk next time :)

Lex, I must say I have always been envious of your systems, you pay attention to detail and it always shows in your systems. Where I am a utilitarian guy you are a fine tune it guy. When I took care of the tanks I never got as long as I would like to have had to stare into all the shrimp environments and planted forest you have, I have an appreciation for those beautiful crustaceans. I did however take some time to stare into the reef tanks seeing as they where my priority.What I am saying is thank you for the compliments and right back at you my friend I know how  keep everything straight.

As far as the club I have always tended to do my thing and just help people out when I can, and the club seems to follow suit, it takes all of us here to make a great Pacific North West Marine Aquarium Society a reality. You know the only reason I am here is because of You...And You...And You.

So YOU all keep up the good work and I will follow suit as well, share your Knowledge, Passion, and Generosity and it will all come back to you.Trust me...

Your Reefing Buddy Bert.

• Like 2

I can attest to the fact that entering Robert's place is akin to entering a aquarium / zoo / store. Everywhere you look is tanks filled with fish, coral, spiders, lizards, snakes. If you are ever there have him show you the "monster" that lives under the stairs. There are finned friends as well as furry ones. After visiting Roberts place Jenn just had to have sugar gliders. Now we have two of those too. 

Robert is a great guy and always more than fair in trades and sales. I got my first annenome from him. 

Thanks Bert for stepping up in the club to make a difference.

• Like 1

I only saw the front entrance to his place but the tanks I saw were amazing. His place is easy to spot! Robert is an awesome and very generous member of this forum. I forgot to mention at the meeting. He personally donated a lot of his own frags for the raffle! Thanks again VP for all that you do in making this community a great place between the competition and group buys!

• Like 1

We talked about it but...As much as I would like to my house is very small, 1,500 square feet, and I have four children ages 3,10,13,and 16. One of my children has a medical condition as well as severe autism so large groups are not always pleasant for him. I was contemplating the possibility of having one at a nearby park close to my house. You never know, we were also talking a tank tour but these are just brainstorming ideas. Who knows what the future holds.

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement.

• Like 1

Just give me a call next time you think you will be in my neighborhood and I could meet up with you, provided I am home and not occupied.

Be warned I can talk so you might want to make sure you have an hour or so to waste before you come by, I would also love to do some trading with you again.

No rush though, I am going Nowhere Fast, and should be here for a while... Just playing in the water.

• Like 1