Any Ideas on the culprit

bamburgb

So last weekend I bought some SPS, last night before I left for work I was looking at the tank and everything seemed happy. This morning when I returned from work I looked at the tank and one of my new Millipora's is completely stripped on one side but I do now know who the culprit is. Im thinking it was one of the urchins but do not know for sure, anyone else have any ideas?

Really Kevin? :boxing:  PeaNope, can't say that one here either. is a bad word? Nope, can't say that one here either. a doodle doo! :ohmy:

Okay how about Professor plum in the dining room with a shoe? Is that family friendly? LOL Who knew Clue was an xrated game... :rolleyes:  Someone is getting a little heavy handed with the moderation... :nono:  :happy:

Edited by Emerald525
  • Like 1

I've got a Halloween urchin that I got to eat the red turf algae, I never knew long spine urchins to be bad, but then again never wanted one so I've never reasearched them.

Kim you should know pee-cok wouldn't fly, I may be mistaken but I think it's a size reference to a phallic member for pete sakes- come on use your perverted mind- :doh:

I've got a Halloween urchin that I got to eat the red turf algae, I never knew long spine urchins to be bad, but then again never wanted one so I've never reasearched them.

Kim you should know pee-cok wouldn't fly, I may be mistaken but I think it's a size reference to a phallic member for pete sakes- come on use your perverted mind- :doh:

Lmao!! (Can we say that?) how about lmfao? ???? and Brad if you are correct in why peecok was filtered shouldn't it be peacok?

Lmao!! (Can we say that?) how about lmfao? ???? and Brad if you are correct in why peecok was filtered shouldn't it be peacok?

Is there the possibility of a bad hitch hiker crab that has been hiding in your system??  I have had some of them in the past that would shave all the polyps off of different sps, not all of them....just like half. on the stalk and up a few choice branches.

Edited by MrBret

Is there the possibility of a bad hitch hiker crab that has been hiding in your system??  I have had some of them in the past that would shave all the polyps off of different sps, not all of them....just like half. on the stalk and up a few choice branches.

Crabs a good thought too Bret. Even if it wasn't a hitchhiker crab  emerald crabs can go rogue.  A wise reefer once told me claws and reefs do not mix.. :agree:

Peaco ck , peacok, peaco ck...  Back on topic  :agree: