I need egg crate and a local reefer!

timmylucas

Hello all,

One of my aquariums has gotten out of control and I want to tear it down and re-build it and turn it into a frag tank. I need a local reefer that lives near me (preferably in gresham) to allow me to store my corals and fish in their quarantine setup. I had a quarantine setup but I gave it away because of lack of space. my current setup is a 30 gal with a built in sump in the back. I'm worried about removing all the sand and live rock because I wont have much room for bacteria to build up, So I was thinking of maybe placing the rock underneath a frag rack that I build with egg crate. A lot of my corals are dying off so I need to do this ASAP. I'm tired of the sand and want to remove it and I figure this is the perfect time. This setup is at my other house and I figure I wont have much maintenance if I remove some of the fish and live rock and maybe start over with dry rock and put in my skimmer since Ill have room once the rock is gone.

• I need a local reefer to help me store my corals and fish temporarily (I would allow you to keep some of the fish and you could cut a few frags of your choice)
  • I need egg crate to build a frag rack (or suggestions on were to buy it or suggestions in general)
Edited by timmylucas

If I set up another tank it will be difficult cause I wouldn't have anything to support my lighting. Cause my lights are on custom made hangers drilled to my stand

I mean setup a holding tank temporary while you take stuff out and vacuum all the sand out and do whatever clean up you want. Corals can go several days without lights as long as they have heat and flow in the temp holding tank. Then put them all back in the tank when your done messing with it.

What happened!? Is this your new zoa tank?

No it's my older tank that I left at my parents house. The sand bed is too deep on it and I feel like it's just trapping stuff under it. And algae is just getting bad in it. and I want to get rid of the live rock anyways and turn it into a frag tank. My new tank is in perfect condition .

I mean setup a holding tank temporary while you take stuff out and vacuum all the sand out and do whatever clean up you want. Corals can go several days without lights as long as they have heat and flow in the temp holding tank. Then put them all back in the tank when your done messing with it.

Yeah that's what I might have to do .

Thanks for the offers guys! I already started the process. I just removed most of the live rock and I put the rack in and did a good water change. Everything seems to be doing better. I built a frag rack as well.

A32587D8-D837-4EB9-B010-10FD89419ADB.jpg

A32587D8-D837-4EB9-B010-10FD89419ADB.jpg

A9518AFD-34BE-44D1-8D51-9529E035BA02.png

(Pretty sad when you use your baby cam to keep an eye on your corals) lol

A9518AFD-34BE-44D1-8D51-9529E035BA02.png

503AFCF0-A838-43D2-9BE8-93A6A86BEB08.jpg