Utter chaos

Mitrillion

I always have a few growing, they can be slow growers sometimes.  My last frag went to a friend just up the road from me.  So unfortunately I won't have any in the Brandon Kennedy auction coming up soon but there should be some good stuff for a good cause.  You will definitely want to check it out!

I always have a few growing, they can be slow growers sometimes. My last frag went to a friend just up the road from me. So unfortunately I won't have any in the Brandon Kennedy auction coming up soon but there should be some good stuff for a good cause. You will definitely want to check it out!

when and where? What is it for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1b41c55327b04a99bc850b052857aea3.jpg

Here's a pic of some of my Utter Chaos and Java Chaos frags.

Utter Chaos grow slow.

I'd put them in the same slow growing boat as bloodshots, jupiters, and any other Caribbean zoas for that matter.

There are better looking zoas that utter chaos anyway. Unless you like looking at a single polyp plug for months on end.

Any of the apple morphs, BBEB, wowzers, java chaos, rockstars all have better color with proper lighting.

Utter Chaos grow slow.

I'd put them in the same slow growing boat as bloodshots, jupiters, and any other Caribbean zoas for that matter.

There are better looking zoas that utter chaos anyway. Unless you like looking at a single polyp plug for months on end.

Any of the apple morphs, BBEB, wowzers, java chaos, rockstars all have better color with proper lighting.

thanks for that

I don't know, I have alot of zoas and I still Really like my Utter Chaos, more than tha apple morphs,rockstars, and many others. A number of years back we had an out door frag trade\ getogether and the corals were held outside in tanks. One of the zoas people keep wanting over all the rest were the Utter chaos, and this was in natural sunlight. Even in my zoa garden people that come to trade seem to just zero in on those zoas, I joke about getting a little black acrylic box to cover them and a couple other as to not completely detract form the adjacent polyps. Of course when I dial in my blues just right ALL the zoas look spectacular.

Your right though, those Java Chaos look awesome.

the utter chaos are very unique... not many similar morphs.. I would call the java chaos a Lunar eclipse similar morph rahter than a maul morph, but they both look great..

put me down on the list of potential buyers.. I think MattV may have some if he see's this.. we need some polyps!

Edited by Sasquatch

Utter Chaos grow slow.

I should have known you would have them! They grew pretty quickly for me when I first got them and then I got frag happy with them. I actually think they are in the top 10 of zoas because of their larger size and the way the orange really glows.

I should have known you would have them! They grew pretty quickly for me when I first got them and then I got frag happy with them. I actually think they are in the top 10 of zoas because of their larger size and the way the orange really glows.

Share your utter chaos growing secrets Kim :)  You had some amazing collections and seemed to produce allot of frags.  I am always interested in the tips and tricks that helped.  I know it is tough to narrow it down sometimes though...

Share your utter chaos growing secrets Kim :)  You had some amazing collections and seemed to produce allot of frags.  I am always interested in the tips and tricks that helped.  I know it is tough to narrow it down sometimes though...

Thanks Jeremy. Honestly, I think sometimes you just get a strain that grows quickly. I happened to get some from a guy from reef 2 reef that grew quickly and then I got some more and they grew slowly. Sometimes I have found with fragging some would take off.

I do feel like when you get some of the wild zoas that they tend to be more touchy and prone to melting. Like the Krakatoas but once they have been established and growing in tanks they seem to do better.

I find it is very difficult to have zoas thrive in an sps system because of the higher light and flow requirements. I also think target feeding can help them grow faster but increases the waste in your tank.