Some People May Not be Happy With Me

Trenton Henderson

I have a 55 gallon aquarium if you didn't already know. I bought a roughly 3.5 inch yellow eye kole tang. Before any of you freak out on me though, because I do agree, I will remove home at 4.5-5 inches. I agree that they need plenty of swimming room, which is why I got a small tang. Also, I probably couldn't do it, but since tangs love long tanks, how much, roughly would a 180 gallon full setup cost. This includes enough live rock and sand. Plus I'm definitely talking about the sump and stand and other equipment. If anyone has a 180, could I get a rough number. I just kind of want to know.

Thanks

Trenton

It will be fine for quite a while, in my opinion Kole's don't need as large a tank as other tangs. I had one in a 40 breeder for well over a year and he was fine. I will say, I noticed aggression which I attributed to the tank size but when I gave him to a person with a larger tank, he was still an [language filter] so who knows.

Yeah that's a pretty broad estimate. Most search for the deals and some buy brand new, just depends on your budget. Catching someone doing a full tank/out of hobby shutdown usually nets the best deals on a whole package.

If you want new, email Oceans By Design for a custom quote, pricing I recieved from them was very reasonable (for the tank, I would DIY the stand if you can).

As far as the kole tang, totally fine in my opinion. He's got a 4' long tank to roam in for now. We've all seen WAY WAY WAY worse lol!

2 grand to do it nice for fish and coral, and you are frugal and shop used.

If you wanna just do it on the cheap, you could probably do it for $500.

If you want something really nice you could drop 10k easy.

Or... for 50 bucks, a used rubbermade stock tank!  

You can get away with it if you get one of those quarter size blue hippos from cuttlefishe but it will out grow you tank in 6-9 months. It's reall just a bad idea. Now if you want a angel your flirting with disaster but I just add flameback angel they say small under 3 inches and are stunning.