LED's for 75 gal

Ninjabeaver

Hey guys,

Starting to look for LEDs for the 75 build that I am starting.  The  Arctic-T247 seem like a good light to start with.  I was thinking of putting two on the 48" tank.

Any other suggestions or other lights I should check out?  I know I want something that I can program w/o the manual dials.

If you want ramping features and color controllability, get the Reefstar alphas. There's a demo program so you can see if it works for your setup before commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by vanz

If you want fancy ones, you can go for Radion. MH is my favorite though I won't choose them. Cheaper-but-not-bad ones you can find them on EBay. They can raise SPS, though might not be as good as more expensive ones. 2 for $200 is enough for a 75.

Edited by Peng

I would highly recommend TMC AquaRay LEDs. Might spend like $50 more, but you will get so much more. Controlling option is separate too, only because they require a dimmer, which wont mess with the spectrum with adjusting the LEDs. A patented unique LED design, with more useful light for the coral. A nice color, even though they are 20K. Not to mention a 5 year full warranty. No others do this.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/32321-tmc-aquaray-leds-are-back/

I hope your search goes well.

I would recommend 2 or 3 for your set up. 3 if you are wanting SPS close to the bottom of the tank. Otherwise, most likely 2.

Edited by Trigger334

How about the IT 2080? Wondering if it would have good coverage over 48 tank.

I have never used that one so hard for me to say. Ocean Revive did have a 48" fixture that mounted to the tank at MACNA and there is an example at Cuttlefish, but I keep asking to buy it and they keep saying not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...