New Tank

spectra

Well its official I just brought home a new tank(clap) It started last week when I bought a used Seastar 36x24x18 it came with a real nice stand and a Uno Tarpon pump also a sump built by a local builder. Well today I traded it in to Joel at Waves for a 36x24x24 Seastar that I really liked. So the build begins. Will post up some pics soon as I just got it on the stand in the garage. Am going to hopefully head to HD tonight and get the PVC to plumb it tonight. And also waiting on the big brown truck to show up with a 8 light Tek light. Also ant recomendations on skimmers would be great! This is 92 gallons plus the sump so who knows maybe 110 total but not sure. Well look for the pics to come this ought to be fun(rock2)

Well got a little bit done tonight. Painted the back black. Plumbed the durso and the return inside the overflow. Cleaned out the sump and got everything ready to go for some water hopefully tom afternoon. I just need to hit Parkrose Hardware in the morning for a few feet of flexible tubing and will be done with all the plumbing. Well here are a few pics.

post-523-141867736287_thumb.jpg

post-523-14186773629_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736293_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736296_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736299_thumb.jpg

Well got it all plumbed this morning and ready to fill and test for leaks.

But right now am painting the room it is going in. Kind of a trade off with the wife you can put the aquarium in there but you need to paint first(laugh) Good trade off I guess. Plus I wanted a cube but the wife said I do not want the tank there so that opened up a whole differant world of tanks(clap) Well am off will post some pics when it is up and running in the garage.

Well it is filled and is not leaking yet(scary) hopefully it stays that way. As for skimmer I am just going to run one of the Octopuss style ones. And yes the plumbing was there for the calc reactor I just cut it and changed a few things with the plumbing. As of now no calc reactor but will be looking to see what I can find in the used or cheaper market. Right now the rock is going to kill me to fill it. Will post some pics soon.

Well the wife surprised me tonight and said lets get the tank in the house(clap) After moving a few things around it is in place. Now if she just likes the placement we are set. Hopefully when I get back in town I can fill it again and get things going. Am heading to Medford to do a job and while I am there saying hi to Jody and picking up a few things:D Will post some pics when I get back it is late and am leaving at 4 am tom.

Well ended up buying a RO-DI unit and am in the process of filling it up. It is about 3/4 full so will be doing a little aquascaping on Sunday. Hopefully will have it running by Sunday night and will also post a few pics if it is not to cloudy from the sand.

Well got the rock kind of in it but not real happy with the way it looks. Am going to try a few other ways and see if I like it better. Once I get it moved around will snap some shots and see what you think. Trying to do this on a bare bottom tank is a pain I kind of need the sand to see what it looks like. I am real bad when it comes to these type of things. Plus am way to picky the wife told me just throw it in there and see what you want to change. Wish it was that easy(laugh)

Well here are a few pics the tankis real cloudy from stirring things up. I think I have it the way I like it now. Sand bed is about 1 1/2 to 2 inchs thick so hopefully that will work. I have more sand but like the way it looks now. So here are a few pics of a cloudy tank and also a few frags that I picked up from Jody whikle I was in Medford. They will be going into the new tank when it is done cycling. Can not wait to get the Duncans in there.

post-523-141867736391_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736393_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736395_thumb.jpg

Very nice frag collection.

Thanks! the wife keeps telling my son dad is going to take everything for his tank(naughty) So had to get a few things you know how it works(clap) The bad thing is I still have to go work in Medford so will probably stop by and see Jody again his frag tank is unreal I have never seen anything like it yet(rock2)

Tank is clearing up real nice so will post some pics tom.

Ok here are the pics of the rock. Got the rock real cheap so will wait for the coraline to grow. But I do like the rock and the caves will be nice for lower light corals. Enjoy and tell me what you think(whistle)

post-523-141867736398_thumb.jpg

post-523-1418677364_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736402_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736405_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736407_thumb.jpg

Looking good Scott!! Lets see the skimmer in action when you get it all modded :D

Well am doing that tonight:D Thanks for the mesh! Have a whole bunch of stuff to do to the tank. Bought some lights for inside the stand and also am going to wire in a switch to turn all power off to the pumps so I can feed the tank and not have it run into the sump. Also got a few green chromis to throw in there to aid in cycling the tank. SWF has them for 2 bucks each(rock2) hell that is cheaper than the damsels and they are a much better fish. Will post some pics when I get it done this weekend have a bunch of stuff to do.