Fishmanmike's 210gal build!

fishmanmike01

Great shots of those acans. I envy your substrate...I went with the fine sugar grain sand...and while looking great, I bet I'll lose $500 in coral just this year to the fine sand...not to mention half my tank doesnt even have sand anymore due to the high flow!

What substrate did you use? Got any leftovers:) ?

Great shots of those acans. I envy your substrate...I went with the fine sugar grain sand...and while looking great, I bet I'll lose $500 in coral just this year to the fine sand...not to mention half my tank doesnt even have sand anymore due to the high flow!

What substrate did you use? Got any leftovers:) ?

I did an 80-20 mix of # 1 and # 0 aragonite. I still have a 20# bag of 0 still unused.

• 4 weeks later...

Did a 50 gal water change today. Hope I can get this high cal low alk thing solved! Not wanting to wait, I've decided to use epsome salts to bring up the mag.

Be careful adding too much epsom salt. Magnesium sulfate dosing will increase your levels of sulfate without the correct balance of chloride. That is why you need to dose magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride in proper ratios.
  • Like 1

Did a 50 gal water change today. Hope I can get this high cal low alk thing solved! Not wanting to wait, I've decided to use epsome salts to bring up the mag.

My first question is are you using Kent Salt? If so Test the Mix you have been added.

If not check out this article, keep in mind you are in "Zone 4" It will make sense when you read it :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's been quite a long time since I've updated this thread. Lots has happened. Had a crash due to a power outage a few months ago and have lost nearly everything. On a brighter side the wife and I visited Garret's shop today and brought home a hawg of a Naso. She wants a big fish for some reason. It acclimated for nearly 4 hours tonight and was placed into a dark tank. I'm hopeful in the rebuild at this point. 813CB661-1E16-404C-953A-BF09F48E039A_zps

37F7316D-7191-4F2B-879E-027A59A940F1_zps

Edited by fishmanmike01
  • Like 2