Fishmanmike's 210gal build!

fishmanmike01

That's great news I have found may a fish in my sumps lol and yes you always want to add lest aggressive to most aggressive but finicky fish are better to add to a Mature tank. What's you fish list? Or are you like me and buy what ever is nice at the store in at lol.

That's great news I have found may a fish in my sumps lol and yes you always want to add lest aggressive to most aggressive but finicky fish are better to add to a Mature tank. What's you fish list? Or are you like me and buy what ever is nice at the store in at lol.

I have a list so to speak but I'm admittedly like you. I tend to buy whatever is pretty at the time.

I plan on however:

Yellow tang

Hippo tang

Naso tang

Purple tang

Powder blue.

Midas Blenny

Sailfin

Clown gobies

A few cardinals

A few wrasses

Dragonette

Chromis

So far.

Well if your like me then you will probably end up with about 10-20% of that list lol

My tank goal was lot of small reef fish lots of movement!!!!!!

Current fish list.

Purple tang

Chromis

Blackice clown

Blue jaw pair(male male)

Lepared wrasse

Duskiy wrasse pair

3 azure damsels

Flameback angel

So yeah kinda missed that goal lol

Well if your like me then you will probably end up with about 10-20% of that list lol

My tank goal was lot of small reef fish lots of movement!!!!!!

Current fish list.

Purple tang

Chromis

Blackice clown

Blue jaw pair(male male)

Lepared wrasse

Duskiy wrasse pair

3 azure damsels

Flameback angel

So yeah kinda missed that goal lol

I totally forgot clowns. Lol. Most likely Picassos.

The wife and I told the kiddos (we have 6) they could each pick a fish so yeah I'm sure that list will fall apart in short order.

• Like 1

Diatoms!

Day 7, Woke up this morning to discover the beginning of the diatom bloom. So exciting!

Ammonia is still at .25, only approached .50 for a day

Nitrates are nearly 0 and have been that way the whole time.

These color coded test kits are so frustrating to me as I'm horribly colorblind. I'm constantly running to the neighbors, mail man, family members, ect going, hey look at this for me. Lol.

Your stocking list looks great! Only suggestions I have are to add the dragonette a year down the road...unless you can get one which you witness eating frozen. And the sailfin I would think about substituting a bristle tooth tang variety: kole, chevron, tomini, etc.

6 kids! Wtg! I've got three...I used to let my daughter take live specimens to her show and tell days in elementary school. Crabs and snails were always a hit.

• Like 1

Diatoms!

Day 7, Woke up this morning to discover the beginning of the diatom bloom. So exciting!

Ammonia is still at .25, only approached .50 for a day

Nitrates are nearly 0 and have been that way the whole time.

These color coded test kits are so frustrating to me as I'm horribly colorblind. I'm constantly running to the neighbors, mail man, family members, ect going, hey look at this for me. Lol.

I hear you there. One thing that helps me decipher color is I hold the test up to a blank white sheet of paper...with no lines...just white.

The ammonia coming down is a good and normal sign...I wouldn't expect to see any nitrates for another week or two.

How are you handling the nitrates? Refugium? Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Not anything noteworthy. Diatoms at this point have all but gone. I'm left with some short hair algae of sorts but its slowly going away. I was left with once again 4 out of 10 chromis, they seem to be going strong though. Added 25 small hermits to help aid in the removal of the algae. Hoping to pick up some new additions soon.

• 2 weeks later...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :icon_bow:

Great looking setup. I envy your under tank space! The video shows your aquascaping so much better than your pictures! really well done...i especially like the left side, great areas for corals.

Is that a AquaC Beckett skimmer?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :icon_bow:

Great looking setup. I envy your under tank space! The video shows your aquascaping so much better than your pictures! really well done...i especially like the left side, great areas for corals.

Is that a AquaC Beckett skimmer?

Thanks! There actually is not much room as you would think left, the 75 gal sump is only like 6-7 inches from the underside of the stand. makes for working in it kinda pain in the butt status but it wors well thus far.

Yes, its an Aqua C 240. ive run the aqua c models since i started the hobby, they have always worked well for me.

I love this tank and can't wait to see full of corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks as well. Im starting to get it stocked now.

• Like 1

I've done quite the shopping this last week. Thanks to a few individuals here I've added to the tank ;

Teal digitata

German blue digitata

Montipora setosa

Green w/ purple rim Montipora

Red planet

Poker star Montipora

Sunset Montipora

Tri color

Neon green toadstools

Hammer coral

Forest fire Montipora

Some cool rainbow stylo

And I'm probably forgetting something.

Finally got the lights up off of the tank. Still looking for a fourth unit but you'd get the idea.

00887766-BE74-48F9-8392-BBB74A8A1279_zps

And a quick pic of the powder. He showed signs of ick the day after being introduced. Dosed garlic to the tank and saturated nori as well and he's looking amazing just a day later. Fingers crossed.

B9E35C8C-F239-40D7-A110-86458EEB28E1_zps