New Led Fixture Reef Breeders tri dim

nelsz3

so just got my new leds today first time trying them also. I've gone from mh/t5 on a 75g to a 4blulb t5ho on a 40b maybe not enough bulbs but imo doesnt compare the mh/t5 fixture but with the smaller tank didn't want to deal with heat at all so after looking for some time decided on these because of the led layout. Any way i recieved my lights today and shipping and packaging was good

fixture is solid the acrylic sheet covering the leds is loose but overall not bad construction of the unit. havn't got it over the tank yet just throwing a scrap canopy together to test it out just waiting for paint to dry and a hole to cut and it can go on. heres a few pics

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0652.jpg

will post more pics when its over the water

How loud are the fans? I had the Taotronics 120W fixtures a little while back' date=' and the fans ran constant and were just too loud for me.[/quote']

Out in the garage with nothing else running I could hear the fans running when I get home from I'll take a better listen.

Put the lights on last night with the moon lights on and wow , I'll get some pics up when I get home, I got a feeling there going to be really blue but I'll give it a shot to show some true color

so with the tv and kids i don't hear the fans at to be honest i have not heard since i put them up but here are a few pics sorry its just a phone camera for now but think they came out pretty good under the cloudy mode

fts

IMAG0664.jpg

some close ups

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

IMAG0670.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

these are with the whites at the lowest power blues slightly higher and red,green, violet, lowest and under the cloudy mode on my phone

Any chance of pics with all lights on?

all three channels are on just being that the whites and rgv at the lowest setting and the blues slightly higher i will be lowering the fixture before i start turning it up i currently have it sitting 12in above water and have great coverage am going to lower it some over the next few days

I have mine12in off the water buy am going to try to lower it and make a smaller canopy for it, as for the led layout I like it so far there is a little disco ball effect on the sand but it may be that they're a few inches high but I really like that the whites blues and colors can be separately dimmed