SPONSORS: Banner Ads

Burningbaal

Hello all,

In an effort to bring a little more value to our sponsors, Chief has (kindly) set up a rotating banner ad system to show the sponsor's banner in a random/rotating type fashion. currently, it only shows up on the main forum page (click 'forum' in the top left corner). I'm unsure if this can be expanded to include other sites.

If you find the banner irritating, obtrusive or otherwise detrimental, please either post in this thread or message me (or any other officer/board member).

If you have a reason to think that the site is running slower (only if it changed with this implementation about the 11th of this month), please message Chief.

If you have further recommendations or thoughts, please post them here or message me.

Because I don't have all the sponsor's email address, nor time to type out every sponsor's handle for a mass-PM right now, a message to our sponsors:

Let current/new sponsors know that the banner needs to be 468x60 pixels.

it's sponsors that would be selling things that we might want' date=' and not just random ads. Works for me.[/quote']

that was the idea, it's only people that are our actual sponsors, so not only are the going to be captive-marine-related, but also have some investment in the club because they are sponsors who are at least semi-actively participating. at the very least, they're contributing the annual sponsor's membership fee (usually in goods/services donations), most of them are far more generous and far more involved than that!

Its not too bad.

If we could keep it on the forum and home pages it would be better. On other sites having the flashing colors on the posts while you are trying to read them is rather anoying. I like that we don't have it on this site. Just my opinion though :)

Its not too bad.

If we could keep it on the forum and home pages it would be better. On other sites having the flashing colors on the posts while you are trying to read them is rather anoying. I like that we don't have it on this site. Just my opinion though :)

Good thoughts, I don't think we have plans to have it flashing at you on threads, at most I would think the control panel and on sub-forum lists, but probably not on threads. I, for one, would at least hope we could make it static if it was on threads (so it just loaded one still image when the page loaded, and changed when you went to a new page).