70g Rimless build

Tycho

Amazingly clean setup. I had all my wires zipped tied, tucked away, surge protectors mounted all nice and clean, until I decided to change my skimmer.... Then a week later my light fixture... Needless to say. Ow wires are everywhere again lol. Much respect for such a clean and well thought out setup!

Amazingly clean setup. I had all my wires zipped tied' date=' tucked away, surge protectors mounted all nice and clean, until I decided to change my skimmer.... Then a week later my light fixture... Needless to say. Ow wires are everywhere again lol. Much respect for such a clean and well thought out setup![/quote']

Thank you!!

I hate wires everywhere too, but they are only clean where you can see lol. everytime i pull my ato jugs out to change them a huge yarn ball of wires comes flying out! haha

I also need to label my outlets cause I always forget whats plugged into what!

Welcome to the forum Tycho. Glad you found us locally. Very nice tank design. Love the look of the rimless tank. Like others have said it is clear you really thought the design through and took your time. This is going to be one sweet setup when it is filled in. Fantastic frags has some nice corals. Can't wait to see what you got. :)

This is how my tank looks today. I have been acclimating the coral I received from Fantastic Frags for the past week. Ramping up the lights about 10% a day. All the acros have been completely dormant with No PE. I'm waiting to see how long they will take to start growing/coloring up since the lights are now back to their high settings. (sorry in advance for the bad photography. I blame my point and shoot! (scratch) )

IMG_3265.jpg

The bleached coral on the right is an Aussie 3 color that didn't make it through shipping (sad)

IMG_3274.jpg

This guy I got from SWF

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

This crab looks as if he's guilty of something.

IMG_3273.jpg

How has the flame angel been with your coral?

I hate that fish lol!

I bought this guy a year ago in my old tank and he brought Ich in that killed all my other fish except for my clowns and himself!

He gets bit by my clowns all the time when he chases them out of their "corner" apartment!

And he sure does nip at my corals, but only new ones when he's trying to figure out what they are.

I also see him eat his own pooh all the time... lol it makes me laugh... and cringe! (nutty)

I hate that fish lol!

I bought this guy a year ago in my old tank and he brought Ich in that killed all my other fish except for my clowns and himself!

He gets bit by my clowns all the time when he chases them out of their "corner" apartment!

And he sure does nip at my corals, but only new ones when he's trying to figure out what they are.

I also see him eat his own pooh all the time... lol it makes me laugh... and cringe! (nutty)

Hah! This kind of validates my fears. At least yours just "tastes" the coral. I don't think I've ever had a fish that didn't eat its own pooh, over the past eight years I've just become desensitized to it.

(sick)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is one sweet looking setup. So clean and organized. Very nice work and welcome to the froum.

How has the flame angel been with your coral? I've always wanted one in a reef tank, but have been too nervous to add one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not to stray off topic, but I have a coral beauty that has never nipped anything except the algae off the back wall. It goes back and forth with my yellow tang, but it doesn't look like they nip at each other, just chase.

The sump was an option offered with the kit from Cadlights. I bought the tank, stand, skimmer and sump as a package. The sump is 30" x 14". It doesn't leave much room in the stand for equipment.

IMG_3279.jpg

I put a union valve right on top of the gate valve so if it gets gunk in it, i can reach my finger in there and clean it out in a snap.

The fuge light is a clip on thing. Its never on because I need to get some macro in there. That may be a while because I don't drive.

IMG_3280.jpg

The vent fan I custom installed. It's a Noctua 120mm cooling fan for computers, but with a fancy cabinet mounting kit. Got that from Coolerguys.com.

They sell awesome custom cooling stuffs.

002-4.jpg

This is what I came up with to divert flow from my return pump to my media reactors.

IMG_3282.jpg

The aqualifter on the left feeds rodi water to the kalk stirrer on the far left. The aqualifter on the right feeds straight rodi into the return section.

The skimmer is awesome. I have an almost sterile tank and it pulled out that much gunk in 2 days.

IMG_3283.jpg

And finally this is my empty fuge with my Ph probe and 2 temp probes. My float switch is on the far right corner of the return section.

IMG_3287.jpg

Nice coral upgrades! Love sanjays leprechaun beard and the garf bonsai! I remember when sally joe(GARF founder)first started fragging the bonsai. i was in love.

Ditch the flame. Any picking is too much picking in a 70gal sps reef. Some guys can have Angels and sps, but it usually requires a much larger tank.

There are just too many gorgeous reef safe fish out there to stick a flame in there and watch him nip at your $50 frags.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, hopefully some day I will put enough thought and money into start up to have this awesome of a setup. I dont think I have the room for a sump that size but I am going to hopefully be buildng a new sump soon. Looks great keep adding pictures as the tank grows!