My 40 breeder

Jeffreyg

So I upgraded from a 30 gallon to a 40 breeder. I got for free it did have a broken side panel other than that it came with a stand a 30 gallon truvu sump and was already drilled with returns and overflow in place . I bought the glass for 13 bucks and silicone for five it was a pain in the butt getting the cracked panel out . It was discussed to just panel over the crack and I would have if I wasn't planning on using it for a display . Glad I took the time to remove the panel . I really wish I would have took pictures of this process it was fun . After I got it all leak tested I still didn't sleep for a week thinking something would happen but three months later and no leaks so success . My only complaint now is I wish I would have rethought the scape I wanted a minimal amount of rock and lots of swimming room for the fish . Now looking at everybody's 40s makes me want to re do the whole thing and grab another 30lbs . The tank is stocked with mostly lps and sps . I just rid myself of the last two mushrooms . I have a black and white clown hosting two bubble tips sad she beat her man to death I did have another one . Hmm . Lol . I'm waiting to get another . The nems will come out after my girlfriends tanks ready for them . I also have a cleaner wrasse an a baby blue tang . But when he gets a little bigger he will be going to oiab to swim the display .. Two shrimp a peppermint and a scarlet couple snails and hermits .

67BA875C-E04D-40C7-8CEF-0F39E304DE65-1113-0000026A03A2723B_zpsc1dc7091.jpg

A095BB53-8CC7-4D60-A3E0-73A737E08F83-1113-00000269CC860486_zps1ab99e58.jpg

39D51D50-AAD8-491D-95AB-B894DE2DA679-1113-000002754F05F340_zps51f6c53c.jpg

That is freakin awesome looking !!! I really like the rock work in that . Give me some ideas .

Thanks, it's still not exactly how I want it but i got tired of messing with it. I had the advantage of starting with dry rock so I was able to fit it all together outside of the tank. I would get some live rock and let it cycle in a tub. I will never use dry rock again, it was easier to scape but it looks ugly for a long time and personaly I think it leaches for quite a while. While you are waiting start finding tanks you like and try to copy some of their scapes, that's what I did. You could also get creative with the rock you have and some epoxy putty.

Thanks powder. Ya even having the rock out for awhile did a number on my sponges killed a lot and I'm learning that the sponges suck up a lot of silacate due to my diatom bloom I have been dealing with but the next purchase will be a rodi I'm tired of using ghetto top off .. That's been my hesitation to redo it I'm scared to take it out of water again idk . And now with all the coral everywhere it's a pain so like I said it would almost be easier to get another good chunks and have somebody do it probably sounds lazy but like I said I'm OCD about some stuff so just letting somebody do it could work . Right now I have a fruit stand on my sand bed so I'm hoping to get it all where it needs to be soon . I used a mini m&m bottle the plastic tube put 6 holes on each side and straws cut to about an inch then baited it with krill . Worms are dumb lol . But it's war because I had a black cap Jawfish I loved go missing they will eat sick fish that's for sure for whatever reason clownfish I have noticed don't like bottom dwellers much she attacked the Jawfish pretty bad and it went into the rocks never to be seen again . Then I had a clown goby who for a week wouldn't come out I'd have to spy to see if it was ok one morning I didn't see it and caught a glimpse of the bristles pulling it in a hole . CREEPY !! On a different note I know it's just sick or injured fish because my wrasse sleeps in the same spot .. Idk but ill get them ..

nice looking tank!! looks like you could use a few more pieces of rock tho. I'm not yet happy with my rockwork in the 40b i got too much am waiting to really aquascape until i get the new leds and scape accordingly I'd rather have 2 small atolls and a space in the middle here's what it lloks like now

IMAG0594.jpg

Ya it's drilled for both over flow and return . If I would have done it myself I would have drilled it in the middle and had two returns but I can't complain for next to free . If you have ever been to oiab it used to be a frag tank there but he cracked it moving a power head or something idk but he was about to throw it away I'm like what I can fix that lol ..