REEFSTAR 315g build

ReefStar

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!(clap)(clap)

I've thinking about this build for awhile and finally decided on the dimension of the tank.

For the last couple of months, I built a 8'x11' fish room which will hold all the equipments,frag tank, quarantine tanks and water changing station.

Here is the list of equipments:

Tank-315g Envision tank with external overflow ( 24g )- 72x36x27h 3/4" acrylic; thanks Steve for the overflow help!

Stand- Metal: 2" tubing with triple powder coating

Sump- 50x24x20,

Skimmer- ReefStar RS475- full coned skimmer rated at 475g. Running dual 13w (rock2) pumps.

Lighting- LED: 4x ReefStar 180w

Controller- Apex

Pumps- 2 x Reeflo dart gold ( 1 for return and 1 for reactors and frag tank )

Flow- 2x MP60, 2X MP40

Dosing- ReefStar dosing pump

I will add more equipment as I go.

Here are some pictures, hope everyone enjoy! I would love to get feedback and pointers.

fishroomstud_zpsf045b5b1.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0821_zpsc32e3dcd.jpg

DSC_0829_zps198427a1.jpg

DSC_0826_zpsa8d85581.jpg

DSC_0839_zpsa70b5bb2.jpg

DSC_0835_zps080c7419.jpg

DSC_0836_zpsf6702b4d.jpg

DSC_0842.jpg

The BEAST!!

DSC_0841.jpg

Truly "Epic". That is going to be one sweet tank. Good work building the fish room. What are your plans to skin the stand with or are you going to leave it open, and are you planning on a hood to mount your lights or are you going to hang them from the ceiling?

Truly "Epic". That is going to be one sweet tank. Good work building the fish room. What are your plans to skin the stand with or are you going to leave it open' date=' and are you planning on a hood to mount your lights or are you going to hang them from the ceiling?[/quote']

The stand is eventually going to be skinned. For the light, it will be hung from the ceiling without a hood. I really want to make it motorized up and down according to the time, but haven't figured a way to do it yet!(scratch)

• 3 weeks later...
hanks Chris! I saw that, I did not see where he bought it. I also need the motor to pull about 75 to 100 pound.

Here is where you can buy linear actuators that will pull a light setup. I had 3 MH on a rack system on my 220 years ago that went up and down with the push of a button.

http://www.firgelliauto.com/

I specifically used the track actuator that had plenty of pulling force.

Here is where you can buy linear actuators that will pull a light setup. I had 3 MH on a rack system on my 220 years ago that went up and down with the push of a button.

http://www.firgelliauto.com/

I specifically used the track actuator that had plenty of pulling force.

Thanks Mike for the info! I was looking more for a wiring pulley system. I will keep on looking.

UPDATE TIME!!

Been pretty busy setting up the tank and waiting for the water to fill!! Finally, got it filled and did some rock scape and did a temp light fixture. Enjoy the pictures!!(clap)

089.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

088.jpg

Full tank shot

049.jpg

041.jpg

Left side

046.jpg

063.jpg

078.jpg

055.jpg

070.jpg

073.jpg

Right side

075.jpg

048.jpg

and... 2x MP 60 = bada$$; I haven't hooked up the mp40 yet!(nutty)

Thanks for the comments guys!

You did a great job on that rock work!

It easy to tell already just from that rock work this will be fitting of your screen name(rock2) I gotta say tho (whistle) that metal band clamp I saw was a shocker to me.

(laugh)

LOL, I thought of that metal band clamp when I put it onDOH!. I did not have any plastic ones to that fit the hose. Would the plastic one hold fine?

I only hope my tank would be as nice as your!(drooler)