Fish trap, a 2 part question!

matty

i got a trap i could loan and a teeny tiny mantis he dont really kill much and stevehash house our leaf but hes teeny tho too haha

I would be afraid this damsel would kill any small mantis or fish. She is super mean. I am not sure what I am going to do with it when I do catch it. Maybe the freezer? (hungry)

I just pm'd emerald but if I can't get with her and get the trap I will pm you. Thank you for the offer.

• 2 weeks later...

And they are now super sick! I think they may have either brook or some other infection. :(

Funny thing is they and the starry blennie are both from SWF and the only other fish that has ever been in the tank was the damsel who I had for years with no sickness.

And they are now super sick! I think they may have either brook or some other infection. :(

Funny thing is they and the starry blennie are both from SWF and the only other fish that has ever been in the tank was the damsel who I had for years with no sickness.

Ouch dude im sorry, exactly why i got my qt going now i fear this

Brooklynella is a parasite that effects all fish but especially clownfish. My issue is they are showing all of the signs except the excessive slime coat. I am really not sure what they have at this point. I am trying foods soaked in kent garlic and may move them to a qt tank I just set up if they continue to get worse.

They were doing fine for a few days and now this. Any suggestions would be awesome.

It has been suggested to me to dip them in rid ich mixed with tank water at 4 times strength for a half hour using a bubbler in the bucket. I set up the qt tank with hob filter, new salt water, heater, and air pump with air stone. My problem is, will this hurt them more if what they have is something completely different than what that medicine is recommended for?

That sounds like a bad one. Just got done reading about it and here's the link if you need more info. http://www.ultimatereef.com/articles/brooklynella/

I suppose you are read out.

I have been reading and reading some more. The symptom's they have are heavy breathing, flared gills, one has white spots along it's lateral line and a small white spot on one fin. They stay in one place swimming up and down and won't eat except 1 or 2 mysid each. When i called SWF they suggested stray voltage so I checked with a meter and nothing. They also said they were tank bred and 2 years old. There is no way these fish are 2 years old so they may think I am talking about some other fish they had. Other fish and and all shrimp and crabs are fine and coral is great (probably due to the few water changes I have done).