75 gal build NOOB

YUP

Good news and bad(sad)

Good news the CUC and my Blenny took care of the GHA

121030_0011.jpg

Bad news...

121030_0011-1.jpg

I lost one of my clown fish and this is where my other one sits... Just my luck that i would loose the more expensive black clown...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh, what is this octopus/frogspawn doing?

121030_0021.jpg

sorry for it being blurry, but my daughter (in previous post pic) decided to kill my camera. It looks like its splitting down the middle or is it just its mouth.

Awww poor clownfish! It's always the expensive ones you lose it seems like. I have had luck pairing them up again.

he went downhill quick, they were both kinda skinny when i bought them. But, after a few days they both started to eat, i thought heck i will fatten them up...

Week later.....

The poor guy went from lively, to swimming on the bottom and not eating, to within 48hrs he was dead. He only started to show signs of disease when i noticed that he wasnt using his right pectoral fin. Ok? maybe he hurt himself ( i did put them in my main tank as i dont have any other fish to worry about contamination). BIG MISTAKE MIGHT HAVE CONTAMINATED MY TANK NOW... Anyways, i then started to see spots but not normal ick spots more cotton looking. I told my wife im going to look it up when im at work, as soon as i got home which is 8am in the morning i told her we need to medicate both fish, probably Brooklynella. Had to wait for Petco to open at 9am to get everything i needing for a hospital tank. Funny, considering i have a 20 gal. and a 45 gal. aquarium sitting in the garage but couldn't find anything else. So, after searching the attic and finding everything but a HOB filter for the tank i sent the wife to petco. She bought a 10 gal. which is what i wanted and a HOB filter without carbon embedded into the filter(not easy to find anymore). I have everything i need(clap) within a hr i have the Hospital tank looking good, all parameters looked good, went to get the little bugger and he was dead.

I have had hardcore hard to keep cichlids for along time and never seen a fish die so quickly...

Ohh, what is this octopus/frogspawn doing?

121030_0021.jpg

sorry for it being blurry, but my daughter (in previous post pic) decided to kill my camera. It looks like its splitting down the middle or is it just its mouth.

I really can't tell from the picture but it might be starting to split off a new head. Mine always pulled apart a little before you can see it on the skeleton. Some times it even blew a bubble (nutty)

Sorry to hear about your clown. It is scary how fast a fish can go down hill.