Best Way To Buy New Tank

Hello, im in the planning stages of upgrading my system from a 90 gallon to a 120 deep dimension(or maybe slightly larger. Im wondering if there is anyone around portland or seatle that could make a tank like this and do starphire+rimless. Anyone know a shop? Or would i have better luck online, if so does anyone have any online recomendations? thanks

I know oxx just had his 750 built starfire by miracles (in the other 'couve, BC), by all reports, they did an amazing job.

I know Garret would be happy to order a 120 DD for you at TPA in Salem. if you're bold, you could always buy the glass and build it yourself. I almost did that with my 90g, but got too good of a deal used.

I know oxx just had his 750 built starfire by miracles (in the other 'couve, BC), by all reports, they did an amazing job.

I know Garret would be happy to order a 120 DD for you at TPA in Salem. if you're bold, you could always buy the glass and build it yourself. I almost did that with my 90g, but got too good of a deal used.

I think i'll leave this one to the experts but who knows. Anyone else have a recomendation?

I would go acrylic, if for no other reason than, James at Envision is local and does amazing work (he could build you a sweet external overflow). I don't think we have any super talented glass builders localy.

I would go acrylic too. It's more clear and easier to make. Wannareef build really good tanks from what I hear. Also look into glass cages.com and you could order from them. The people who built onxx tank are super good tank builders from what he said the best in the world, I bet he paid a big price for that quality. It's all up to how much your willing to pay.

for most tanks 6' in length or less and under 200g in size i would go with starfire glass. living with acrylic isn't the easiet IME and opinion. it can be done but acrylic is easy to scratch. i've heard great things about miracles. only thing i've heard about glasscages is they are cheap. i have not had any direct experiences with either. the tank i have is from envision and it's very nice but again go with starfire if you can. JMO

friend of mine used glasscages, he was very happy but they don't deliver here that often. So unless they have changed, it could be a long wait. He said they basically wait til they can fill a truck and then make the rounds. His tank is either a 220 or 240 and he was happy with the build except at the top which has to be hidden by a canopy because of how they braced it, he thought it was kind of sloppy look. It was not a rimless... He said they were real pro and brought it into the house. Unfortunately he had to move it without their pro gear as he did not have them put it in the spot it was built for. Any future tanks I get will be glass, so tired of scratching acrylic, will be interesting to see what you find.

Archived