aptasia control

gmiller

I've heard of a aptasia control paste made of calcium powder and R/O water, but it clogs the orifice of the syringe when either trying to suck it up or if you pour it into the syringe and re-insert the plunger. Does anyone know what you might use as an emulsifier to make the stuff flow when it is the correct consistency, a-la Joe's juice?

don't use a syringe. Make a thick paste of the stuff and plop a mound of it on top of the little buggers. If they are in a hole in the rock, fill the hole with the paste.

What calcium powder are use using? It needs to be Kalk, or calcium hydroxide. I don't think calcium chloride will work (not a strong enough base).

Happy hunting!

dsoz :)

I use Kalk. I use a squeeze bottle used for acrylic bonding. It has a needle in it. It is the larger of the 2 sizes. I picked it up when I was at Tap plastic. Wrks really well for me. I have used needle that where bigger, for dog shots, but they clog.

I found a single aiptasia in my tank' date=' and tried Joe's Juice. Didn't work, so I epoxy-puttied over it. Didn't work. I moved my Torch coral up close and personal. Problem solved.[/quote']

Now thats using some biological means there! I thought the aiptasia sting would be more potent than the torch. Interesting.