My new chalices! The Return of Park Avenue! Thanks Reefnjunkie! Thanks MattV!

Emerald525

So some of you know Beth and I used to have quite the chalice collection and then they started to recede and we lost quite a few...(sad)(sad)(sad) We suspect it was the plenum that we were talked into before we knew better....(whistle)

We called that area of the tank Park Avenue because some of these chalices can be quite spendy...(scary)

A while ago like I think this past summer (scratch) Spring?(scratch) I don't remember it has been too long...(laugh)(laugh) I went into this group buy with Reefnjunkie and some other peeps. Brad was the grower thanks Brad... and I got the My Miami and Purple Urkle. Also with some trading and wheeling and dealing I did a trade with Brad and got some nice chalices to replenish my lost ones. He has been kind enough to hold on to my frags for a long time until I was sure the tank was stable and everything was doing well!

Thanks Brad for the smoking deals! If you haven't seen his tank it is amazing! He also takes really good care of his corals and has quality stuff!(clap)(clap) (drooler)

MattV also stopped by today and I got a very nice watermelon chalice from him...(drooler)(drooler) MattV also has some really nice corals.(drooler) You should check out his frag tank and LEDs He just needs to get a better camera. (laugh)

Thanks guys we all but the "A" in addict... And now without further ado... Here's some pictures:(drooler)(drooler)

Half of that Miami Hurricane is yours Matt!

DSC00613ARW.jpg

Nice Boobies Brad....(whistle)

DSC00615ARW.jpg

Nice Watermelon Chalice Thanks Matt!(drooler)The Rainbow delight (under the watermelon) was one that Brad donated at the TFT Auction!(clap) It grows fairly fast and looks amazing..

DSC00617ARW.jpg

DSC00619ARW.jpg

Trying out the Macro lens. Nice Boobies indeed! (clap)(clap) Nice My Miami too!(drooler) The purple urkle has grown quite a bit since it was ready to pick up...

DSC00627ARW.jpg

DSC00629ARW.jpg

That's a sweet collection. Don't see a TEC Watermelon though:(. No BPC' date=' Tangerine Dreams, bahama mama, and no Sexy corals chalices?(nono) rofl[/quote']

LOL John... I know lost my TEC watermelon too..(sad) But I'm getting another one and I believe I have another side growout with someone...(whistle) The BPC is highly overated IMO... Brad's got a nice little booger frag I had to break out the magnifying glass to admire it!!

Wow that's ALOT of chalice's looks good' date=' I still have the one I got from you, it hasn't died, it hasn't grown either! lol oh well we keep trying[/quote']

I'm sure it's grown Steve. They just grow so slow you have to take a picture to believe it! The good part of that is if you have a smaller tank you don't have to worry about them overgrowing your tank like say frogspawn or green star polyps or xenia

Nice looking corals! I've never really been into chalices' date=' but maybe with a bigger tank, I'll need to add a few. Great colors, but might be a little too spendy for me[/quote']

Yeah it's ridiculous what some of them cost. I saw Sexy corals selling one for one thousand dollars for one eye!(nutty) I don't spend that much on them. I usually end up trading or buying in with someone. Or waiting for the price to drop.

Nice looking frag plugs. The chalices look nice also.

LOL they look familiar to you Roger?

I saw one selling for $1500 an eye! DOH!

Wow!(nutty) What was the name of that chalice? The Tyree limited edition my wife is going to kill me because I spent the mortgage money on a 1/2 inch chalice frag?(laugh) Crazy to spend that kinda money on one eye.

Here is the link to the thread about the guy that bought the $1500 frag, enjoy lol......

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-lps-discussion/81983-sc-dynamite-cherry-sour-my-2-a.html

The dynamite chalice was the one I was thinking of. On the live sale they did earlier in the month on r2r a one eye frag was offered up for 1000 dollars and everyone was making it sound like that was a steal (laugh). Don't get me wrong it's a very nice chalice but I am amazed at what Sexy Corals gets for his corals particularly as his pictures are oversaturated and do not look like the coral and he is known for sending tiny sized frags. If you ever do buy from him, insist that you get pictures of the actual frag and make sure he doesn't "forget" to ship one of your pieces....

• 1 month later...