Nitrate reactor

wegotjs

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember right it was around 50 for nitrates and was 0 after around a month or so of running this. The best thing about it is with this design I have complete control over how much is removes, if you need more just allow more water to flow through the unit (open the top ball valve), less just close it.

Rich, how big is the cylinder you used and what kind of idea's do you have on, making a bigger or smaller unit for different tank sizes.( could you get away with a much smaller unit for a 60 g and would you need twice as big for a 200g)? I'll send you a pm on maybe building one this next week.

Jon

Jon,

That is a 6" diameter tube, one like that could very easily handle a 200 + tank, as for smaller the problem is trying to get the Ehiem pump to fit under neath the tube but anything is possible. As for building one, I'm trying to sell my house so my garage is being used as a garage and not a shop, so I cannot build anything until I move into a new house.

That said shot me a PM and we can maybe work out a deal if you are interested for that one I have.

Rich