Harlequin Shrimp going to town on a Chocolate Chip Starfish

concrEETdonkey

That is pretty cool the shrimp can move stuff bigger than itself. Its even cooler how they work in a team to move their dinner. Makes me kinda want some shrimp. Does it affect your water quality having the dead starfish in there. I am pretty sure they dont eat that thing very quickly.

That is pretty cool the shrimp can move stuff bigger than itself. Its even cooler how they work in a team to move their dinner. Makes me kinda want some shrimp. Does it affect your water quality having the dead starfish in there. I am pretty sure they dont eat that thing very quickly.

I've got 1 in my tank to eat the little pest star fish, but from what I've read you don't want to let it rot in the tank. A lot of people cut the tip off the leg of the star fish and feed that.

I've got 1 in my tank to eat the little pest star fish' date=' but from what I've read you don't want to let it rot in the tank. A lot of people cut the tip off the leg of the star fish and feed that.[/quote']

How many Pennie to nickel size stars do they eat in say a month? I've got tons of small stars in my tank.

I thought the pistol shrimp were cool bit this has me changing my mind very cool video thanks for sharing

typically I cut a leg off and feed them like that... But I was feeling lazy and threw the whole thing in this time, what Ive heard is the starfish will live for a while as they slowly eat them... but yeah once it dies you def want to get the body out... as for the small asterina stars, my pair of shrimp wiped out my population in about a week.

I've read they will eat a leg at a time. They will actually work as a pair to keep the star alive. One will go and search for food to feed the star while the other stays and keeps it upside down. Pretty creepy they eat them alive. On the other hand, it's amazing to me the creatures in our oceans and the intricate nature in each of them. I miss my pair, I think I'll get another pair soon.

Archived