Sea Hare.....

Cmoore

Travis at Upscales recommended an abalone to me instead' date=' and it's been going strong for probably a year. Sea Hare's do a great job, but they die as soon as the tank is close to clean. The abalone seems to get enough to eat even after the tank is cleaned.[/quote']

yeah i agree im not an expert but when i have done some looking into sea hares and critters like them and i think an abalone is the way to go instead imo

• 3 weeks later...

well I wanted to share how my sea hare experience is going... I was able to find one up at Ocean in a Box, put him in and he went straight to work. He is not the prettiest thing in the world but, holy crap! has he cleaned up my rocks. I just hope he does not begin to starve, would love to keep him around for his hard work. Can I supplement with sheets of algae? pretty sure he has been finishing off the leftovers from my fish.... just have not seen him eating from the clip. If not, I would love to pass him on to another local reefer who could use him. I will let you all know if it comes to that. Thanks!

Archived