Fraggin for the first time.

Jeramy

So I got this old frag rack from a fellow member and it was covered in zoanthids that had grown off there plugs. After a super awesome fraggin demo at the last metting I decided to take the plunge and cut it up.

100_3832.jpg

So I turned this into this.

100_3845.jpg

100_3847.jpg

100_3846.jpg

I will determine my success by how many survive I had some trouble was just going to cut up the rack but the zoas were groing around it on all sides. Some have started to open back up already I will post some picks next week and we will see how well they are doin. All in all I had a lot of fun doing it.

The Next Day.

100_3849.jpg

100_3851.jpg

So far all of them have opened up. In a few weeks I will be looking to trade these for eq or frags I will need to get my sand bed back lol or maybe I need a bigger tank. 20 frag pluggs on the floor of a biocube 14 I think I am (nutty)

One thing to look for since its hard to tell how much rubble (or eggcrate, substrate or whatever) is attached to the zoas is that if you ended up doing more of a scrape/cut of the zoa mat and then glued it is they will always "move" off of the glue and its at that time they can "float away" that is why its very important to place them in a low flow area, this way when they start to move they attach easily and are not blown off the plug.

This comes from many a fragging sessions as a grower for many a group growouts.

I wonder where Beth "1st" discovered her fragging skills (whistle)

Nicely done job though thats for sure

Archived