1. 1.

• turboflotor 250gals $210.00
    • euroreef rs250 250gals $479.00
    • ex-2 250gals $400.00
    • H&S ap150 225gals $650.00
    • tunze DOC 9015 396gals $428.00
    • ATI bubblemaster 200 250gal $580.00

okay I understand now...

I don't know the specs and in's and outs but I don't think the asm sedra uses the same needlewheel as the euroreef.

The aquabees and ehiem's I have are very quiet compared to the sedra if that makes any difference in your setup.

I will chime in, even though I have a small tank and it's been set up for 3 days. I have the Octopus NW150. It pulled a sand storm out of my tank in 8 hours. I should have taken pics of the sludge. I spent four months shopping for skimmers and in the end, this was the biggest i could get for my money available.

I like the way I can easily adjust between dry and wet skimming. I don't have to tweak or mod it to increase performance. It was easy to install...plug and play. I fits perfectly in my sump and stand. It is pretty quite and the pump is 2000 L/h. I know the recircs are a little different, but if I were to buy another skimmer later on down the road, I would go with this brand.

It seems to me that somewhere I found the actual web site for ASM, and it kicked back to the Octopus. Its been awhile, but I think Octopus is taking over or something. Anyway, the ASM and Octopus are relatively the same design. The ASM is a little more costly.

Good luck in whatever skimmer you choose. I agree that seeing some in action could help with your decision. I didn't have that opportunity, but some how I lucked out.

Kris