Advice: Part out system or sell everything as one?

huskerduck

Im really disappointed in my decision to sell my Bowfront and everything with it but life is just too demanding to care for and keep motivated to keep a system like this up and running. These things really tie you down in traveling too.

Is it better to part out or sell everything together?

PC223074.jpg

PC052935.jpg

011.jpg

Great looking setup. It seems that most people end up parting things out, the odds of finding someone interested in buying a full setup seems to be a rare thing these days. If you have the time you could try selling it as a whole, but if it needs to be down in the next month or two I would start to part it out if I were you. Best of luck either way, its a great looking setup!

Keep it' date=' it's awesome, just learn to automate it. I mess with my tanks for less then 3 minutes a day.[/quote']Yeah it WAS awesome :)

But too late I got a bathtub full of Live rock and 3 fish to catch with no net. I was automated actually, the problem was the height, plus built in a wall with no front access and Frankly is would cost 15k to have it look the way I want and then I couldn't trust anyone to baby sit.

Yeah it WAS awesome :)

But too late I got a bathtub full of Live rock and 3 fish to catch with no net. I was automated actually, the problem was the height, plus built in a wall with no front access and Frankly is would cost 15k to have it look the way I want and then I couldn't trust anyone to baby sit.

Why would it cost 15k to look the way u want? Did u want to use gold nuggets as your live rock? (naughty)

I agree with the parting out. I happened to see your post in Craigslist and thought it should be parted out. If i remember right you have 3 Lumenbright pendants, 2 Vortech 40's. By looking at the photos you appear to have a larger Reef Octopus skimmer, a PM or Geo kalk reactor, a newer chiller, a good size quality calcium reactor with aluminum bottle, Hamilton ballast(?). Even though it is not a great time of the year to be selling your equipment it is higher end quality equipment and should command a higher price. You may take a hit on the tank itself since 155 stands are spendy and hard to find but the rest of your stuff should resell easily.

Why would it cost 15k to look the way u want? Did u want to use gold nuggets as your live rock? (naughty)
Actually I wanted it to look like the show tanks at Upscales but stuffed full' date=' One Tangerine Dreams or Crazy Fox [b']Frag[/b] and I'm up to $1200! Add a volleyball sized Oregon Tort and Im really close.

I agree with the parting out. I happened to see your post in Craigslist and thought it should be parted out. If i remember right you have 3 Lumenbright pendants' date=' 2 Vortech 40's. By looking at the photos you appear to have a larger Reef Octopus skimmer, a PM or Geo kalk reactor, a newer chiller, a good size quality calcium reactor with aluminum bottle, Hamilton ballast(?). Even though it is not a great time of the year to be selling your equipment it is higher end quality equipment and should command a higher price. You may take a hit on the tank itself since 155 stands are spendy and hard to find but the rest of your stuff should resell easily.[/quote']Yeah the whole stand and Canopy thing is a downer for most, personally, I threw away the crappy one this came with. I kept the big plastic "hood" that came with it ( if thats what you call that thing) If someone wants a sweet stand ( and Hood) all they have to do is ask, Its winter I have more free time!!! I have a welder ( with aluminum spool) Table saw, 12" sliding Chop, routers, know how to do Faux paint or veneer. I could probably help someone out ;)

Actually have one person thats interested in the entire thing but you know how that goes. If I would part, most of the stuff is already gone through phone calls except the tank which is the part I actually want GONE. I have one of my MP40w in a nano right now after I heard what they want for an MP10 WOWSERS, I wish I had picked up a couple of those back when Danik and I did the group buy thing. $500 for 2 MP10s??? LOL

Basically I sell everything and buy my 2 LED Lights and 2 MP10s, its a cruel, cruel world. Im seriously considering doing a basement setup for the 2 Nanos I bought but I don't know if my pump can pump 13' of head. In that case Im still stuck with a bow front!

I would sell off livestock and maybe lighting' date=' then keep the rest, ya never know, you will prob find time in a year or two and kick yourself for selling it all!![/quote']Ive been down this road since the 80s, I wish I had the cash Ive spent since then, Id buy a couple new cars!!! Maybe his and hers Vettes

Make it a FOWLR!!!!! Waaaaaay easier!! And you could put awesome angels' date=' lionfish, eels and crazy cool stuff in there!! DO IT!!![/quote']AAAaaaRRrggHh, been there done that back in the 90s. Now I have to get a feeder setup NOOOOOOO.

My Fowler setup was fun but I think it contributed to my daughter growing up goofy, you should see the boyfriends she introduces us to

Ive been down this road since the 80s' date=' I wish I had the cash Ive spent since then, Id buy a couple new cars!!! Maybe his and hers Vettes[/quote']

Same here my friend!!! It took me a couple times but I have learned that lesson, never get ride of everything cuz I will be back into it if I quit for a while.

Same here my friend!!! It took me a couple times but I have learned that lesson' date=' never get ride of everything cuz I will be back into it if I quit for a while.[/quote']Actually I bought a couple Nanos from Kenny and I can deal with stuffing those full, I wish they were pre drilled or the backs were plastic, I would run a sump in my equipment room because I can tell these things are a real bugger to keep legit unless they're tied together and sumped somewhere

Archived