power outage

drock59

Once again the power inverter hooked up to the car saves the day. Power was out for 5 hourse today and my tank would have been not so healthy had I not been here or had a way to power the tank.

Apparently a squirrel found its way into a sub station locally and zap, 10,000 people were out of power.(clap)

Anyone else lose power? Anyone else have nightmares about power outages?

i was absolutely thrilled about the power outtage. years of work would have been down the drain had i not been present. i love that delicate balance of life and death this hobby thrives on.

battery operated air pumps, and the inverter i have in my car are life savers. it would be nice to have something that sends a message to my phone however, just in case i was far away.

yes I believe most controllers have some sort of option like that. I am also thinking of getting a webcam up and running so that I could view my tank and make sure things look ok from just about anywhwere.

Had it not been Spring Break, I would have lost nearly everything.

Yes aquacontroller does that notification, you of course have to have those USP (??) battery backups on both the controller (it has a "back up power" port) as well as on your modem and router so it can get the message out.

ive got an inverter as well,, doesnt buy me much at the shop, but tiss life at this point. I went over 5 hours this last winter without issue at all. I should have a generator, but thats mo money mo money money.

I was at costco yesterday and they have several generators at "reasonable" prices. I may consider getting one at some point soon. I would like to be able to power the entire tank for at least a day with no issue. Maybe even power the TV and DVD player too. :)

I bought a Generator this last winter after I was down for over 10hrs with no end in site. It works great and I was able to power the entire tank and watch TV and play on my Xbox. The only bad thing was the NOISE...

the "i" series hondas make low noise, quiet enough I could sleep next to one. I have a i2000 and it is very sweet!

Camping with a generator?!?!?! Thats not camping!!!!!
When you go camping all week with ATV's (Sand camping) you need power in case of breakdown, comes in handy. No power, no showers, nothing, I use it to air up when I get out of sand to or you are driving on flat tires.

Remember CO kills. Any gased powered generator will emit these toxic fumes. Make sure there is plenty of vent and NEVER use it inside....even the garage.

Sorry, my medical background speaking (plus the mom).

Kris

Well during the power outages of this year...this needs to be explained to people cause apparently people do not know this, LOL. (nutty)