Hey guys..... Im stuck on a build to be

Chindo

It depends on what you want to do. Personally I like the look of cubes and they take up less space. It's nice to have Depth and not have the tank be too tall so you can have plenty of sandbed room for coral placement. For fish the 125 gallon long is better for more swimming room. Also if you think about reselling a cube is usually easier to sell. Many people just don't have the room for a 6 foot long tank. The longest I can fit down my stairs is a 5 foot tank.

I would go with the cube.

I'd rather have a long and deep tank for fish to swim around in and to hold lots of corals like 72"l x 30d" x 24"h if you have the room, do it right the first time and put in the biggest tank you can afford - won't have to upgrade later on, jmo

cubes are nice but my last tank was kind of a cube 36"x24"x24" and I'd wish I went bigger

Go custom and get the room that you need and want now

I'd rather have a long and deep tank for fish to swim around in and to hold lots of corals like 72"l x 30d" x 24"h if you have the room, do it right the first time and put in the biggest tank you can afford - won't have to upgrade later on, jmo

cubes are nice but my last tank was kind of a cube 36"x24"x24" and I'd wish I went bigger

Go custom and get the room that you need and want now

better yet 72x48x27 (whistle) I prefer a little depth as to the 18"-24" deep tanks

How big of a foot print do you have to work with?

I have the 6' long 125, I love it. If I could have fit the 180 of the same length I would have but for where it is in the house the 125 long is great.

I will be setting p my 4x2 120g tomorrow as well. Kinda the best of both worlds over here. Just fits the walls of the house.

I had a cube once - 48"x48"x24" and it was really cool, but I love fish and they just don't give great swimming, I also just like the thought of a "display" which longer tanks do better than cubes. So, it really depends on what you want to display. Or if you are in my spot you go length and depth, LOL

Well I have a 6' 120g tank right now that I built a stand for that keeps the tank a little lower for my girls to see...... But i have always loved the depth and rock work that one can accomplish with a cube.. I have been thinking about it a lot and think im going to stick with the longer tank.. set up will be slow but my stand is almost finished will post picture up on a build thread soon..

Archived