brown algae help

J-Dog

Does anyone know what I can do to help get rid of this algae? I just updated my CUC with some astreas, trochus, margaritas, and turbos. Is there anything I can do to manually get rid of it? Can I scrape it or suck it out? I don't want it to spread and become worse. Here are some pics...

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

I'd get a two little fish phosban reactor with some media. Should help starve it and slowly go away.

I have a phosphate reactor, but my Maxi-Jet pump broke so the reactor hasn't been running for the last few weeks. Just got a new pump, so the reactor is up and running again, so maybe that will do the trick. What causes a large algae bloom like this one? I've never had anything like this happen before, so this is all new to me (scratch)

I have a phosphate reactor' date=' but my Maxi-Jet pump broke so the reactor hasn't been running for the last few weeks. Just got a new pump, so the reactor is up and running again, so maybe that will do the trick. What causes a large algae bloom like this one? I've never had anything like this happen before, so this is all new to me (scratch)[/quote']

If you just got this algae bloom recently and you phosban reactor went out a few weeks ago I would assume thats what started it. But if it started before then you will have to figure out what has changed

If you just got this algae bloom recently and you phosban reactor went out a few weeks ago I would assume thats what started it. But if it started before then you will have to figure out what has changed

But I never had an algae bloom before I had the reactor, so why would I get a bloom just because the reactor stopped working?

Do you have a plan to get read of them quicker? I am running in the same problem but my reactors haven't stopped working like in your case.

I just bought more CUC (turbos, astreas, trochus snails) and they seem to be eating the stuff really well. I think after another week, they should have most of it gone. I'll keep u updated

Archived