My 90g LED reef: Enjoy and feel free to comment

Eugenereef

I had some time this weekend that I put in for some useful activity :)

Here are some of my tank pictures. Some of you have seen it in person, but I thought I'll share the progress of my corals with others.

Full Tank Shot

DSC_1111.jpg

Left side details:

DSC_1113.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

Some corals:

DSC_1131.jpg

DSC_1096.jpg

DSC_1118.jpg

DSC_1126.jpg

DSC_1125.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1127.jpg

DSC_1132.jpg

Thanks all for the compliment. I have been struggling with my camera all this time to take pictures of LED lit tank. I finally figured it out and you all are seeing the results :)

What's your ratio of blues to whites? Looks great and I will make some time to see it in person soon. Thanks again for all the led help.

Matt, I use 1:1 RB to CW. My CW are on 100% for ~6h during the day. At this setting the light temperature is like 10K. Rest of the time, the lights run mixture of 100% RB and varying level of CW. The interesting thing is that the tanks sees different light temperatures at different times in the day and the range is all the way from 20L to 10K and back to 20K!

You are more than welcome to stopby when ever you are passing by Eugene. I do have to admit (and pardon me for bragging! :) )the tank does look much better in person. The camera somehow is not able to capture (it's more like I dont know how to use it yet :)) the colors under blue LEDs when the colors are simply stunning!!

• 1 month later...

An update!

I had a serious hair algae attack in my tank and it was soo much hair algae, it killed many of my corals :(

So the tank was completely dismantled and the rocks are cooking to get rid of HA and anything else that was causing it. I changed water on regular bases ( weekly), no phosphates, no nitrates!!!

This it what it looks now ( you can see pics in previous posts for comparison):

cdd652c6.jpg

e10c5116.jpg

All the rock snow outfit next 6 to 8 weeks!

3b9dae7f.jpg

All corals on the bucket! Piled-up :)

9c25dac1.jpg

f0787f53.jpg

You should upgrade' date=' I've been wanting to upgrade my 90 to a 120 deep dimension, the extra 6 inches of floor space would awesome to have. Or maybe a 180 (plotting)[/quote']

If you're serious about a 180, EasyNow is selling his...stand, hood, 1000w lighting setup, big chiller, 75g sump...any part or all could be yours. I just bought sump rock off him, pretty cool tank in his garage, ran it for 3 years took it down by choice (not crash). 6x2x2, I drooled a little

If you're serious about a 180' date=' EasyNow is selling his...stand, hood, 1000w lighting setup, big chiller, 75g sump...any part or all could be yours. I just bought sump rock off him, pretty cool tank in his garage, ran it for 3 years took it down by choice (not crash). 6x2x2, I drooled a little[/quote']

Upinder should snatch it up!

Archived