Too much weight?

bswe22

That's a good question for your landlord. Regardless of whether the floor can hold it, if they tell you to get rid of it you're in bad spot. Second floor should have the same flooring and lbs/sq ft rating of the first floor by code I believe, but that's assuming a lot of things.

If you talk to the land lord you might risk for them not letting you do that. My apartment policy has a statement written. I live on the second floor but I didn't pass the weight limit. Off course they are not only concern about the weight but also about flooding the neighbors .

Just a thought!

I have three tanks in my place already. I have a 20 gallon, 40 gallon and a 55 gallon. Management has come through and done their yearly inspection and never said I couldn't have the tanks so i think I'm good there. I am going to turn the 55 gallon I have into a sump for the 90 gallon tank I got. I am also going to break down the 20 gallon tank and incorporate that into both the 40 and 90. Three tanks in an apartment is a chore to take care of. Thanks for all the input. Time to start a build thread...lol

Archived