Looking for iPhone

steelhead77

Have any of you upgraded to an iPhone 4 recently and have your old 3GS laying around collecting dust? If so, I need it! Mine cr@pped out after jailbreaking it and is now a brick. (sad)

It's amazing how dependent (I) we have come to be on these things. Try going without a cell phone for a few days and you'll see what I mean.

Please LMK what you have.

Thanks,

-Scott

I have jailbroken many an iPhone. I had a similar issue with my old 3G. I tracked down my issue to the iOS4 upgrade. Allegedly there is 40% chance that 3Gs crap out with that firmware update. It was at that point that I wrote a nasty letter to Steve Jobs, broke my contract with at&t and went to Verizon (where I was welcomed with open arms) and became a Droid guy.

I although, already sold my iPaperweaght -I mean my iPhone 3G.

We sell used iphones at my work, powermax.com. I service iphones all of the time and they are pretty solid. Most things that are wrong are generally from customer abuse. OS issues are usually taken care of with a recovery mode boot.

We sell used iphones at my work' date=' powermax.com. I service iphones all of the time and they are pretty solid. Most things that are wrong are generally from customer abuse. OS issues are usually taken care of with a recovery mode boot.[/quote']

On my second iphone 3g. First one had a horrible buzzing in the earpiece after about 3 months. Went to iphone 4 when it first came out, it kept magically putting people on mute when talking to them. Went back to just a 3g. Currently battery only lasts about 8 hours. And one hour if i'm talking on it. Tried the iphone and hate them. Gave them plenty of chances to prove me wrong. All phones were straight from AT&T. Never jail broken or anything.

Haha werent you the one saying how bulletproof iphones were in the iphone droid debate? Haha had to say something

Written from my droid...

OK. I knew I'd catch some flack about this.....So here's what happened (NOT the iPhones fault):

I travel to Singapore rather frequently and China occasionally. I've even been to Foxconn in Shenzhen where they make the iPhones. I bought a cheap Sony phone in China for use over there but it was not much use for texting. So I had my Iphone jailbroke and unlocked so I could use it in Singapore with a Sing-Tel SIM card. Everything was great until I plugged it into iTunes the other day and inadvertantly hit "OK" when it prompted me for an iOS update. That's a BIG no-no on jailbroke phones. It messed up the BaseBand and now it won't boot up. The guy that jailbroke it for me is currently trying to get it back, but it looks like it's toast. Hence the call for a used one.

Long story short, I busted my phone. If I hadn't hit "OK" it would still be humming along just fine. So I still say the iPhone is FAR superior than ANY other phone out there, despite the problems some folks have had with them. I say the same about Apple computers and I work for the largest PC maker in the world.

Hi Scott,

If you don't mind me asking, what troubleshooting have you performed? The reason I ask is I had a similar issue a few months back and was able to recover the device so I'm wondering if your phone may still be recoverable.

Josh

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Archived