Only 3 months to this addiction!!!!

frankb

I bought my first 55g tank the end of April from a guy selling on Craiglist. It was full of hair algea attaching to the rocks. The light hood was rusted and there was no protein skimmer. I had to replace the light the next day because rusted metal pieces kept falling out. Guess what? I paid 400 dollars for this junk and it was a good lesson for me because I was totally clueless about fishkeeping. The sea anenome died in the next couple of days. I had to order a protein skimmer and bought a Mariland LED from a lfs. I later bought more corals locally from people selling on craiglist. The tank was beautiful after 2 weeks of disaster. In June, I went out to buy a used 120 acrylic tank from a nice guy in Beaverton. It is customized with all the bells and whistles !!!! After I took it home and set it up, my wife complained of all the pipes that were exposed in the back of the tank. I will have to move to a different spot today so the pipes cannot be seen. I initially was planning to replace it with a glass tank. However, after talking to Tim at Westside, I've decided to keep this tank for good.

It is an addiction and I cannot help it. Luckily, I've bought corals from many nice people on Craiglist. Once I situated the tank and redo my aquascape, I hope to add more corals to my tank.

Frank

Archived