Do zoas change color?

J-Dog

Does anyone know if zoas change color? Or can they lose there color might be a better questions? Do they require different water parameters, like SPS coral? Still learning, please help (scratch)

is there a place to go to find out more about how light and flow effect zoa growth and color...also is ther a place to help ID zoas as many i have came to me on rocks with other corals.thanks in advance..and thanks for asking the enitial question.

Alot of people go here for zoa ids http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&func=main

but remember for the most part there are many more unnamed than named zoas. I don't know of any place that actually talks about lighting conditions. I actually find that under lower light some zoas actually get brighter. For example the Utter chaos placed at the bottom of my tank tend to get a brighter orange glow and the polyps get bigger. I noticed with the candy apple reds that with higher light they seemed to get more of an orange color and lower light a deeper read color.

Archived