A deal we couldn't pass up!!

KMiller

A friend of ours recently told us he was getting out of saltwater as his career keeps him away from home for a few weeks at a time, and the tank wasn't getting cared for properly.

Anyways, he had a FOWLR.

200-250 gal tank acrylic with built in overflows. either 1/2" or 3/4"

125 gal sump

unknown skimmer (Coralife?), whatever it is, it works great!

2 Pan world external magnet pumps

500ish lbs of lr (yes, at LEAST 500lbs!)

3" sandbed

4bulb t5 fixture.

This tank is MASSIVE!!

Anyways, we got it all for super cheap! $ picked up all the little stuff that we could fit in our car, and the tank and sump, etc, will be delivered either tomorrow or saturday!

Now, we decide if we will set it up in the house (it's pretty deep, so I think it'd stick out too far in our house, we will see though), or if it will be our garage tank (condense the 2 in to one huge one) or what we will do with it.

Just had to tell everyone how excited we are!! AND yes, a little crazy too. (nutty)

Thanks guys! I am still unsure of it's status' date=' but It was too good of a deal to pass!!![/quote']

rofl Be careful Katrina! That's how we ended up with 5 tanks! That is a smoking deal I can see why you jumped on it! The tank alone is worth more than that!

Are you kidding me? We've had two garage tanks for 5 months now lol

nice score time to setup a secret garage tank' date=' all the best reefers have them ;)[/quote']

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

unfortunately where it will go' date=' on the other side, will be our neighbors (duplex with common living room wall) :([/quote']

(scratch) Guess it's time to get really close to the neighbors.(laugh) Hey neighbor can I borrow a cup of sugar and your living room for my inwall?

He didn't have a measuring tape handy, and so these are approx measurements

60" w 24 or so deep (my arm, from the front of the tank to the back), and approx 30" tall (to mid thigh on me, and i am 5'7")

I think Drew might have taken a few pics on his cell, but the lighting was very poor in the room.

Archived