Nate's 150 build

Nate213

• 3 weeks later...

Aquascaping is getting there. Also added some sand over the weekend and it cleared up quickly. I need to add some more sand and transfer over some live rock from my other tank.

673d47cd.jpg

5d721a52.jpg

90b52773.jpg

The flow through the sump was ridiculous. I had to throttle it back almost 50%. The stockman standpipe I built works great though. Still some more tweaking required but I'm pleased with my first attempt.

99108cfe.jpg

a8bb9324.jpg

Hey dude... I have a 240 that I'll be builing into a wall with a fish room as soon as the house hunting is complete. I'll definitely be asking for tips!

I really dig the 30" deep too. You can get some really awesome dimensionality to your rock work win that depth. I wish my 240 was deeper than 24".

• 2 weeks later...

Retrofitted my Smart Light with 2 x 250 MH moguls using Radium bulbs. Now I have temp lights so I can start transferring over everything slowly from the 75 gallon. I want to make sure everything is pest free, so I'm allowing myself ample time to dip and closely inspect before the transfer.

43f8a0ad.jpg

fc07b689.jpg

43a805c8.jpg

1a664267.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice rock work Nate... is that a 40B for a sump? Where did you get the baffles cut?

Yep 40B sump. I got the baffles from a local glass shop. They cut the glass and nipped the corners. The only problem is they cost more than the sump. Last time I bought glass from Lowes and cut it myself. It was much cheaper that way.

That looks awesome!

Maybe I should take another look at my rock work...LOL

Thanks Derbird. I'm hoping it looks better when everything grows in and I add the live rock. I'm not entirely happy with it yet, but I set my standards pretty high after browsing some aquascaping threads on RC.

Started a new project this weekend. Picked up lewisriverfisherman's 150 gallon tank and stand. This is going to be my temporary tank while we start a new in-wall build for our family room. I put the tank in our unfinished "hobby" room in the basement. We are going to install wood floors in the rest of the basement, so I'm going to get this tank up and running and then transfer over my 75 gallon to it. That will free up the space for the floors. Once the floors are done, I can start the big build. ;).

The size of this tank (48" x 30") is perfect for me because I can use most of my existing 75g equipment and save the $ for the final tank.

Since it your temporary tank are you going tong to keep it once you get your new tank set up?

And I'm only asking because I'm wanting to upgrade my 75gallon to a larger tank but I'm in a apartment so I don't have to much space and your 150 has just about the same foot print as my 75

Mike,

I will be getting rid of it once the in-wall tank is complete, but that is gonna be a while. Probably a year or more. It will be part of a minor basement remodel and my wife and I haven't figured out exactly what we want.

I will post it up in the classifieds when it is ready to go. It is a beast though, so if you live above the ground floor it would be extremely difficult to move. It has 3/4" glass on all sides and the bottom is two layers of 3/4". So it weighs just under 500#s empty.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much progress. I added a MP40 and put some corals in the tank. A few SPS frags weren't doing so well in my 75 due to overcrowding so i moved them over. I also added my colony of Duncans and a few ricordia.

ba791aa3.jpg

06c2161c.jpg

Here is a short video of the MP40 on the nutrient transport mode creating a small wave. I need to get another one later but one works a lot better than I anticipated.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv264/ntschneibel/150%20gallon/4270569a.mp4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd share some more pictures of the sump & equipment:

Skimmer & return plumbing:

de619fcf.jpg

74dc2378.jpg

Profilux doser. Currently running 2-part from Bulk reef supply plus magnesium. Need to put the fourth pump into use.

b7f6b1cf.jpg

7e0b50c0.jpg

Tubing holder for dosing & ATO.

f220f1e8.jpg

The wire cluster:

cdeaaead.jpg

• 2 weeks later...