1. 1.

• IPHONE
    • HTC INCREDIBLE 2
    • DROID X2
    • HTC THUNDERBOLT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dropped mine several time, although I do have case, no issues.

Most pics I post on here have been taken with my iPhone, actually takes very nice pics and videos.

All of this is the same for me. I have dropped it many times and have had no issues. I do not have a full case just the bumper and still have had no issues. This is my third iPhone. I have had the 3G, 3GS, and now the iPhone 4. I do know a few people that have had the screen break but that was from having them in their pocket with something like their keys and rolling on the ground under a car or something like that. And the camera works great I take alot of pictures with it.

I am in construction and mine is in my pocket most of the time. I do have the invisishield on the front glass and have never had a problem. Trust me is has been abused and it still works great. Even after we changed phones both of the kids use the old iphones as ipods/touch on a daily basis. It still has the full functionality just doesn't make calls anymore.

seems to me like a lot of people buy iphone cuz its iphone...they like it but dont really know why...they just say its good...whats good? I know it has a good screen but marginal camera? so they look good on the phone but not on anything else. If you are a mac person fine...but if you are just trying to incorporate it into your "non-mac" lifestyle' date=' it is more of a headache...[/quote']

Ah its so nice to see some people actually care about what they use. Well said sir!

Ryan, you know my vote. I'm pro Android! After being a brainwashed iPhone fan for 3 years, I was glad to see that there was WAY better phones out there then the iPhone. For those of you that don't know me, I work for Verizon currently and have worked for At&t and Sprint in the past and like was quoted above, most iPhone fans don't know why they like their iPhone or why they even want one. Its just a fad that at this time is 2 years behind. Granted Apple did pioneer many technologies with their phone, but the times have passed them.

I like to look at it this way, Google looks at everything Apple does and not only improves but lowers the cost of ownership of their products. Plus Google pays their developers the best in the industry.

Lol sorry for the rant. Carry on...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I am in construction and mine is in my pocket most of the time. I do have the invisishield on the front glass and have never had a problem. Trust me is has been abused and it still works great. Even after we changed phones both of the kids use the old iphones as ipods/touch on a daily basis. It still has the full functionality just doesn't make calls anymore.

Dave - check out this case - they just started taking orders on pre-sales today

http://www.lifeproof.com/

The day the iPhone 5 comes out people will say why not wait for the iPhone 6 LOL

Sprint sucks.DOH!

I had in plan to move to verizon because I was with them before and i moved with my wife on the same account and i still regret it. I have to call sprint every month for something that's not right on the bill (flame) and i'm just sick of it. So i'm just waiting for the new iphone to come since i will move anyway.

Lol, Right after I sent that last post a customer came in proving my point. She came in wanting an iPhone but had no idea why. Guess what she left with.....NOT an iPhone but a good ol android. :)

I LOVE IT!

aquaman please enlighten us brainwashed masses as to the areas where Apple has been passed by...and unlike your previous posts try to work in a few facts and less opinion.

Thats what I have asked about iphone users...why is it good? without opinions or resorting to stocks or computers. I know apple has great virus protection and doesnt have the blue screen of death, but what does that have to do with droid? Camera is fine on iphone, but 4 or 5 megapixel compared to 8? cant compare that. I haven't operated an iphone much but everyone that fell for it in my family (people I trust) regret it. My brothers screen has broken a few times. Both my bro and sis have had contacts erased numerous times, like wiped hard drives...

I honestly feel they are $50 overpriced compared to relevant models of other brands...which isn't horrible. I am just all about google and the camera, both is what I use alot. Not a big app person so if I use them they better be free

aquaman please enlighten us brainwashed masses as to the areas where Apple has been passed by...and unlike your previous posts try to work in a few facts and less opinion.

Well for starters, like you said these are my opinions and no one else. From my experience, it ultimately boils down to what you want your phone to do. The "masses" just want a phone to call, text and occasionally use an app or web. The avid smart phone user wants connectivity and options to manipulate their phone to do what they want it to do, not what the manufacture thinks they know what you want to do.

Cost overall is $200-300 more a year on Apple over Android if same apps were bought. Insurance is $3 more a month for the same coverage. Verizon can't service or warranty the product past 14 days because it has to be done by Apple which requires Apple care.

Hardware wise, 5 mp rear facing camera on iPhone 4, 8mp on 5+ android. Processors are 550-1.2 gig on android and 1 on iPhone. Android had 1 gig processor before iPhone by almost a year. They also have many dual core phones now topping 1.2 gig. Android had the first LTE phone on Verizon or AT&T. Android also has 1.3 and soon 2mp front facing cameras, iPhone 4 vga:(. Lesser known, android also had the first front facing cameras in their phones 2 years ago but the network could not support video streaming so it was removed. Saw that at 2009 CES when I was there as press, vender.

I can go on and on but the point is they both have great qualities and both have target audiences however in my experience "many" not all Apple or iPhone customers are unwilling to even compare what the competition has to offer. That's where the brainwashed comment comes in. I know that when I was an Apple fanboy, it took me an extra year after androids came to Verizon and me selling them day in and day out to finally give it a go. Fact, it only took 1 week to find enough reasons not to go back to my iPhone and one week was me trying to find a reason to go back.

Hope that gets your gears turning but I want to say I mean no offence by my opinions. They are simply that.

I LOVE IT!

Thats what I have asked about iphone users...why is it good? without opinions or resorting to stocks or computers. I know apple has great virus protection and doesnt have the blue screen of death, but what does that have to do with droid? Camera is fine on iphone, but 4 or 5 megapixel compared to 8? cant compare that. I haven't operated an iphone much but everyone that fell for it in my family (people I trust) regret it. My brothers screen has broken a few times. Both my bro and sis have had contacts erased numerous times, like wiped hard drives...

I honestly feel they are $50 overpriced compared to relevant models of other brands...which isn't horrible. I am just all about google and the camera, both is what I use alot. Not a big app person so if I use them they better be free

Megapixels is one of the most meaningless marketing points in the last decade. Ask any pro photographer if you should choose a camera based on megapixels - the quality of the lens, sensor size and processor can make any megapixel look very good or very bad.

I can't speak to your particular families issues with their units but I do have 55 iPhone 3GS units in the field with sales people and in almost 18 months we've had 3 issues - 2 broken screen and a silent mode switch - both broken screen were due to drops. BTW - the Apple store exchanged both broken screens no charge and swapped out the switch issue for $199 (contract upgrade was not available yet and the swap did not reset the users contract length) which saved us $225 over buying a replacement outright. Not sure that would have happened at a Sprint, ATT or Verizon store.

Can't say much about the price point but if you have a data plan @ $30/month then over the 2 year contract you're spending $720 on data alone so $50 one way or another doesn't concern me.

Free apps are nice but at some point the developers have to put bread on the table and I don't mind paying someone for their hard work on a quality app. Again it's pretty rare to find an app that is over $5 and plenty go on sale from time to time.

Well for starters, like you said these are my opinions and no one else. From my experience, it ultimately boils down to what you want your phone to do. The "masses" just want a phone to call, text and occasionally use an app or web. The avid smart phone user wants connectivity and options to manipulate their phone to do what they want it to do, not what the manufacture thinks they know what you want to do.

Cost overall is $200-300 more a year on Apple over Android if same apps were bought. Insurance is $3 more a month for the same coverage. Verizon can't service or warranty the product past 14 days because it has to be done by Apple which requires Apple care.

Hardware wise, 5 mp rear facing camera on iPhone 4, 8mp on 5+ android. Processors are 550-1.2 gig on android and 1 on iPhone. Android had 1 gig processor before iPhone by almost a year. They also have many dual core phones now topping 1.2 gig. Android had the first LTE phone on Verizon or AT&T. Android also has 1.3 and soon 2mp front facing cameras, iPhone 4 vga:(. Lesser known, android also had the first front facing cameras in their phones 2 years ago but the network could not support video streaming so it was removed. Saw that at 2009 CES when I was there as press, vender.

I can go on and on but the point is they both have great qualities and both have target audiences however in my experience "many" not all Apple or iPhone customers are unwilling to even compare what the competition has to offer. That's where the brainwashed comment comes in. I know that when I was an Apple fanboy, it took me an extra year after androids came to Verizon and me selling them day in and day out to finally give it a go. Fact, it only took 1 week to find enough reasons not to go back to my iPhone and one week was me trying to find a reason to go back.

Hope that gets your gears turning but I want to say I mean no offence by my opinions. They are simply that.

Actually the LG Expo was the first US phone with a 1Ghz processor and it wasn't available until Dec 2009 - followed by the Nexus One the next month. The iPhone 4 came out in June 2010 so it wasn't quite a year. As for the 'spec wars' have at it hoss - it's fun to talk about but in the real world if the phone with the fastest/biggest specs drains a battery in 3 hours it's useless to me (cough..EVO...cough).

Verizon and ATT can't service the phones after the initial sale by Apple's request as they want to be the customer's main retail experience and deal with issues according to their retail practices which, no offense to you personally, are so far ahead of the carriers it's not even funny. Sound snobby? Maybe but the Apple Store satisfaction scores do not lie. Also Apple covers all their equipment for 1 year and Applecare is not required unless you want an additional year of coverage (I don't suggest it personally).

Can't speak to the additional cost for apps but I'm more than willing to pay a developer for their time building and supporting a quality app. While 'free' may be nice at some point it's going to hurt the platform - Paid apps find success much easier on Apple's iPhone than Google Android and Google "not happy" with slow Android app sales. I'd love to know the source for your $200-300 figure to see how it's broken down.

LTE? Really? Exactly how many people in Portland does that cover right now?

I have no problem with people choosing an Android phone and I'm actually close to picking on up off contract to play with it full time instead of borrow units from vendor and friends. I just think there is an incredible amount of mis-information out there and similar to the computer industry it's easy to confuse the consumer. The good part is that we consumer have an amazing array of devices to choose from (unless you are a blackberry user - sorry peeps it's over on the consumer side) which allow us an incredibly rich technology experience right in the palm of our collective hands.

Dave - check out this case - they just started taking orders on pre-sales today

http://www.lifeproof.com/

Nice case. Has anyone tried the otterbox??

Cost isnt a big issue to me. I get 25% off my service through work and 50%+ off all accessories through a friend of mine at Verizon.

Im with Jack in wondering where the extra $200-$300 in cost is. I dont really understand that. Explain.....

Cost isnt a big issue to me. I get 25% off my service through work and 50%+ off all accessories through a friend of mine at Verizon.

Im with Jack in wondering where the extra $200-$300 in cost is. I dont really understand that. Explain.....

I also get 25% off through work. For essentially the same cost as an Android, i'd go with the iPhone for a much better quality and nicer phone. I do like Androids ( as I own one now) but I ultimately will have an iPhone (4) here very soon. Androids are still pretty new but the iPhone (and apple) has been around for a very long time and have all the kinks out. Apps are much better on the iPhone too as essentially every app that is advertised says it's for the iPhone, and you can hardly ever find it on the Android market as soon as you can find it on your iPhone. I have also owned an iPod Touch and LOVED it... who knows though, maybe i'm just an Apple girl!

let us know how you like it!

I will. Like I told Scott I went with the safe pick. If I dont like it I can always sell it or trade it for whatever I want because of the popularity!

I have a otterbox on both my and my wife's iphone as well as my iPad. I love otterbox cases!!! The only problem with the verizon iPhone, is that it is not the same as the AT&T iPhone. Because the phones are different the headphone jack is covered by the case. You can still access it by pulling back a small flap, but it is a little irritating because by pulling the flap back you allow small pieces of whatever is in your pocket to enter the case (since I am a machinist this means metal chips (sad))

The case provides superior protection IMO, and my kids have definitely put it to the test LOL.

P.S. I would recommend a screen protector in addition to the built in one.

Can I ask what the differences between the Verizon iPhone compared to the att iPhone?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

I don't know why, but the placement of the headphone jack is about a 1/4 different. There is also a switch on the side which has moved. Looks like Mitchell has provided a link that will explain why.

Archived